TRANSDAIRY Entrepreneurship Training Program - Call for “Dairy-Preneurs” in Lebanon
As part of the TRANSDAIRY Living Lab activities, a series of Entrepreneurship Training sessions will be implemented aiming at building capacity for innovators, entrepreneurs and key enabling technology providers (KET) within the Dairy Value Chain sector.
Our objective is to make a Call for “Dairy-Preneurs” who have a business idea or project that can contribute to resolving one of the many addressed challenges in the Dairy sector in Lebanon and contribute to this sector’s innovation and sustainability, such as:
• Challenges on the Supply & Farming level
(Such as poor hygiene & cleaning care systems, poor milk preserving practices on small farms level, lack of local production of feed & drugs, lack of technology equipment & software to increase cattle and small ruminants’ life span & productivity, etc.)
• Challenges on the Processing level
(Such as the heating and pasteurizing increased costs due to low quality milk supply, fluctuations of processed cheese quality due to varying qualities of milk supply, high electricity costs, etc.)
• Challenges on the Quality Control level
(Such as the lack of qualitative analysis of milk & of the dairy end products, non-compliant storage conditions on the suppliers/retailers level etc.)
• Challenges on the Packaging level
(Such as the high costs of imported packaging, the lack of recyclable/reusable packaging solutions, poor packaging conditions which may impact product quality, etc.)
• Challenges on the levels of Storage & Distribution, Export, Marketing & Communication, etc.
Who can apply
- Innovators and entrepreneurs working on Dairy Value Chain solutions in the Dairy, ICT, or Bio/Nano technologies industries
- University students, alumni, researchers from target faculties working on business or research projects in the Dairy, ICT, or Bio/Nano technologies industries
- SME, industries, NGOs working on spin-off projects in the Dairy, ICT, or Bio/Nano
- Individual participants must be resident in Lebanon
- The project should have an activity in Lebanon. If the entity is set, its legal entity must have an operative seat in Lebanon or a demonstrable activity in the Dairy Value Chain in Lebanon
- Preference for women, participants under 35 years old, students, farmers, holders of experience in the Dairy Value Chain
- Participants must have an idea, innovation or research project addressing the Dairy Value Chain opportunities
- Project ideas should demonstrate economic viability and combine innovation, sustainability and potential for scalability
- Projects should have at least a proof of concept (a realization of a certain method or idea in order to demonstrate that the concept or theory has practical potential)
Key Benefits and opportunities for participating Dairy-Preneurs
- Access to the Entrepreneurship Training that is fully funded by the EU under the ENI CBC Med Programme
- Receiving a set of entrepreneurship skills and know-how by top notch experts, including technical and practical guidance, developing a business model, developing market and commercialization strategies, learning about intellectual property, technology protection, technical applications in the Dairy Value Chain, funding opportunities, prototyping, and pitching
- Upon submission of a pitch deck, to receive a 200 € voucher to use in a way that supports the initiation of the project (such as creating a prototype, design & marketing, business consultancy etc.)
- Participating in the Transdairy Open Day event to pitch the solutions, exhibit, and network with industry experts and potential investors
- Access to the Transdairy regional online collaborative platform which features a database of Dairy Value Chain regional demand and offer and allows communication and networking among regional innovators, suppliers, partners, prospective clients, etc.
- Invitation to participate and benefit from the subsequent Transdairy activities for 2021 and 2022, which include:
- Cross Border Brokerage Events (matching innovators with innovation seekers on a regional level)
- Specialized Trainings on innovation management, benchmarking, technology transfer etc.
- Call for cross-border spin-off establishments in the Dairy Value Chain with 10,000 € vouchers
Training Start: 15 November 2021. 3 times per week for 2 weeks from 3.00 pm to 7.00 pm.
Shortlisting of: 20 Participants.
Only selected participants to attend the training will be receive an email with the training agenda and zoom link.