STAND Up!: Sustainable fashion will be present in the Green Innovation Days with the exhibition of four Lebanese start-ups
The Green Innovation Days #GrID2022 will be happening this October gathering innovators and stakeholders working in the clean, green, and sustainable sectors. Organised by Berytech, the STAND Up! partner in Lebanon, the event aims to shed the light on innovations in the water, waste, energy, food, fashion and transportation sectors in Lebanon, matching potential investors with innovative startups and exposing attendees to the different opportunities in the circular economy.
#GrID2022 is scheduled on 11, 12, and 13 October in Le Royal Hotel – Dbayeh expecting to attract more than 1000 visitors, with 20 partners active in the green sector and over 40 scheduled speakers of global experts and professionals. Sustainable fashion will be present during the event with the exhibition and showcase session of 6 start-ups in the textile and fashion sector trained and supported by STAND Up! in Lebanon, that will also join a matchmaking activity with investors.
- Gaelle Ghattas: a start-up working on giving bags, cameras, and musical instruments new life with bold, personalized and handcrafted straps.
- UWYTA: a start-up working on upcycling chips and chocolate wraps into aprons, tote bags and pouches all while helping vulnerable women.
- VEA: a start-up working on lessening the environmental effect by recycling wisely rubber tubes created from tier waste.
- ClimberSpace: An outdoor brand that focuses on providing climbing resoling services as well as developing eco-friendly outdoor products made from upcycled textile leftovers from the furniture industry.
- éN Design: èN Studio offers multifunctional, versatile products. We use functionality as a design detail which gives the product great modularity features.
- Mikias: Miqias is fully sustainable fashion garments and items production house for single designers and unique brands. The atelier is ethical and socially responsible it is also environmentally responsible as a zero-waste policy is implemented while processing each order or producing any in-house product.
Thought leaders, experts, partners, and inspiring speakers will be featured on the main stage to address pressing topics — from innovation to the future of energy, to financing green ventures, and much more. On Day 11th the conversation on renewability, sustainability and circularity will be moderated by Tarek Alkhoury from UN Environment who will address the talk ‘Circularity in the Textile and Fashion Industry’. On their side, Andrea Ruzo, director at ECOALF Foundation, and Omar Itani, general manager of FabricAID, will share their success story working on sustainable fashion.
Attendants will be able to visit an expo to explore support opportunities and discover budding startups. The expo will also feature a selection of highly innovative startups showcasing technology-driven green solutions and circular business models. The projects, programs and partners behind the #GrID2022 are Cleanergy, CLUSTER4GREEN, DAWERR, Diane Foundation, GIMED, NEX-LABS Project, PHEMAC Project, STAND Up!, Switchmed Coalition and WE4F.
Startups enrolled in multiple programs will showcase their solutions for the first time to the public. The startups are working to solve challenges in waste, food, water, energy and transportation with the plan to scale internationally. These start-ups are: InCharge, Innergy Solutions, Drive Throw by Lebanon Waste Management, Partners with Sun, ReFuse and ReGen-R8.
Workshops and other activities
The list of workshops proposed throughout the three days covers a vast array of subjects allowing you to update your knowledge on essential business skills, practices and trends in sustainability, renewability and circularity.
There will also be room for industry experts, academia, and professionals. Every scheduled activity during the 3-day event is designed to get you talking, making introductions, offering collaborations, and connecting to the person, skill or solution that you are looking for. Participants will have the chance to network with leading green businesses and professionals.
The Green Innovation Days 2022 event is organized by Berytech and funded by the Embassy of the Netherlands in Lebanon and the ENI CBC Med Programme.