SIRCLES: Job vacancy to cover maternity leave in Italy
The Italian Composting and Biogas Association (CIC), partner of SIRCLES project co-financed by the Programme ENI CBC MED 2014-2020, is looking for a self-employed (natural) person to cover a maternity leave during the months of September 2021 to February 2022 (included).
1. Expected role and effort
The selected person should respond to the duties of daily management of project issues:
• Be in direct contact with project partners and the coordinator through regular calls.
• Support personally the local collaborator in developing the activities in the pilot area.
• Follow-up the project meetings from the technical and administrative point of view (general and subject-specific).
• Report to the coordinator from the technical and administrative point of view (elaborate project monthly reports, collaborate in the interim and progress reports, assist in the financial reporting).
• Coordinate with the rest of CIC project staff (project coordinator and senior expert) for the on-time delivery of planned outcomes.
• Manage public procurement procedures for the selection of services/works/equipment & supplies required for the project development and according to the Programme requirements.
The expected effort related to the development of these tasks is valued in 44 days for a total budget of 10.000 € to be paid every two months. The completion of timesheets, recording the effort on a daily basis and following CIC’s internal model, will be required.
The selected person will sign a contract with CIC as an in-house consultant for this project, working in similar conditions of regular CIC staff with specific local visits to the pilot area (Valle d’Itria) or CIC headquarter if required. Required travels for the project will be paid by CIC.
The assignment does not concern the production of documents, reports or other material in complete autonomy but the provision of continuous services quantified on an hourly or daily basis.
2. Selection criteria
The following requisites should be fulfilled by the applicant:
• Have university degree on a subject related to the project: Environmental/Chemical engineering, Agronomic/Biological science, Educational/Labour Insertion science.
• High level of English (written, spoken and reading) and Italian (C2 or native speaker).
• Experience in collaborative public-funded projects. Applicants not fulfilling these requisites will not be considered. Specific certificates may be requested on demand.
3. Award criteria
The following aspects will be positively valued within the selection process:
• PhD (10 points)
• Participation as responsible person in EU projects (up to 10 points; 1 point per project)
• Participation as responsible person in projects with Northern African partners (up to 10 points; 1 point per project)
• Residence in Puglia/Basilicata Region - nearby to the pilot project area (10 points)
• Personal interview (10 points – only for the best 3 applicants)
Specific certificates may be requested on demand.
4. Request of participation
Interested applicants should send a CV in English or Italian accompanied by a cover letter before 9 am – 21/08/2021 by certified e-mail to email@example.com.
The CV should clearly show whether the selection criteria is fulfilled and how the award criteria should be applied.
Misleading documents will not be taken into consideration.
The best 3 applicants reaching at least 20 points in the award criteria will be requested for a personal interview.
Results will be communicated to applicants by certified e-mail before 31/08/2021