RESTART MED! develops a manual on the creation and promotion of sustainable tourism products
WHY A SUSTAINABLE TOURISM TRAINING MANUAL?
The manual for trainers for the creation and promotion of sustainable tourism products is a tool to enable tourism stakeholders around the Mediterranean to develop and market their tourism products and destinations sustainably, thus contributing to the positioning of the Mediterranean as a leading and competitive sustainable tourism destination.
The sustainable training manual, focused on sustainable tourism practices, capitalises on key outcomes (tools, instruments, studies, and good practices, etc.), mainly taken from the 4 standard MED projects (MEDUSA, CROSSDEV, Med Pearls, and MED GAIMS), all involved in the implementation of the RESTART MED! project. It aims to inspire and encourage public and private tourism destinations’ stakeholders in the MED area to adopt sustainable practices. It is designed to serve as a training toolkit and guideline document.
WHO IS THE MANUAL FOR?
The manual is developed to be useful for sustainable tourism trainers. Nonetheless, it is also designed as an inspiration and guideline document for:
- Destination management and marketing organisations
- Protected areas management organisations
- Community tourism projects and initiatives
- Tour operators
- All types of service providers in a destination
- Potential investors interested in sustainable tourism practices and interested in the development and marketing of innovative sustainable and market-oriented practices.
The manual primarily targets sustainable tourism trainers in the 5 project destinations: Italy, Spain, Lebanon, Jordan, and Tunisia.
WHERE CAN I FIND IT?
You can find it under the RESTART-MED! library here