Palestine: Action Aid Palestine, partner of INTERNISA project, is looking for an expert for the development of training materials
Call for expert/s for the adaptation/contextualization of training curricula and toolkits providing digital skills and digital innovations for women, businesspeople in agri-food, tourism, textile & financial sectors, and the public sector
ActionAid Palestine is implementing a thirty-month project funded by ENI CBC MED strategic calls: " Developing the INTERNISA network of synergies to increase the number of digitally skilled women employed in the ENI CBC MED territories via matching demand and supply in the labour market" under contract B_A.3.1_0064. The project objective is to bridge the digital gender gap and provide marketable digital skills in Mediterranean territories by developing a network and a portal that brings closer the demand and supply of the labour market, providing women with digital skills, and delivering professional training in the agri-food, financial, textile, and tourism sectors.
The project is being implemented in 7 countries with 9 partners in Greece, Tunis, Spain, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine. During the project, the INTERNISA network will foster the hiring of 400 women trained in digital skills through short-term crowd working & traineeships and long-term full-time jobs. INTERNISA’s impact is to provide an inexpensive and sustainable mechanism to ensure that businesspeople, women, and public authorities have access to training and know-how to develop their digital skills.
In this current phase of the project " capacity building", the project aims to initiate the INTERNISA labour demand and supply interventions, by developing online and offline training curricula and carrying out supportive training procedures for a) women in need of digital skills, b) businesspeople in need of applying innovative digitalized business models, and c) public sector employees aiming to support and advance the digitalization of ENI CBC MED economies. The curricula will focus on digital skills for the agri-food, textile financial and tourism sectors of INTERNISA territories.
The project partners ( Region of Central Macedonia RCM- Greece (lead beneficiary of the project), AlBalqaa Applied University ABU- Jordan, Chamber of Commerce , Industry and Agriculture of Beirut and Mount Lebanon CCIABML- Lebanon, Youth Catalan Agency - Spain, SQLI Services - Tunisia, Federación Andaluza de Municipios y Provincias (FAMP)- Spain, ActionAid Hellas- Greece, Arezzo Innovazione ARIN – Italy) are currently developing 9 sets of online and offline training curricula and toolkits providing digital skills (4 sets aimed at competences to women aiming to find work in the agri-food, tourism, textile & financial sectors, 4 sets aimed at competences to businesspeople aiming to apply digital innovations in the agri-food, tourism, textile & financial sectors, and 1 set on public sector employees).
Purpose and rationale
The curriculum/VET expert/s are required to adapt/contextualize the following sets to the requirements of the vocational/skills training in Palestine:
- 4 sets (online & offline) of training curricula & toolkits providing digital skills and competences to women aiming to find work in the agri-food, tourism, textile & financial sectors.:
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for digital skills competencies in agri-food.
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for digital skills competencies in tourism
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for digital skills competencies in textile
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for digital skills competencies in financial sectors
- 4 sets (online & offline) of training curricula & toolkits providing knowledge, skills & competences to businesspeople aiming to apply digital innovations in the agri-food, tourism, textile & financial sectors.
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for businesspeople in Agrifood
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for businesspeople in tourism
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for businesspeople in textile
- 1 set of training curricula and toolkits for businesspeople in financial sectors
- 1 set (online & offline) of training curricula & toolkits providing knowledge, skills & competences to public sector employees aiming to advance the participation of women
in the labour market and to foster the digitalization of the ENI CBC MED economies.
The adaptation/contextualization will entail ensuring that the sets of training curricula and toolkits are fit to the current status/indicators of skillsets/vocational training, programs being implemented in Palestine to match the reality of digital skills development and training schemes of women into the labour market, particularly in the four above mentioned sectors. Moreover, it should include checking if the approaches, tools, target groups and setups of the curricula such as modules, lessons, skills are compatible or match the current context and "what works in Palestine" in regard to digital infrastructure or setups of training used. In addition, it should also check the appropriateness offline and online module's structure, tools and toolkits to the digital reality and setups.
The task will be conducted in English as the training sets will be in English and will be translated separately by ActionAid Palestine.
- At least 5 years of experience in using/designing/developing/reviewing/adapting Training curricula/VET and training materials, or equivalent evidence of work done on curricula and training materials.
- Experience in VET/skills and competencies schemes is preferrable
- A proven track record of experience working in similar assignments.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required.
- Strong communication skills and a well-networking ability to facilitate the execution of this assignment.
Interested applicants can request the Terms of Reference by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org starting on Wednesday 11 August until Thursday 21st August 2021 from 09:00-15:30 (except Fridays)
- The expression of interest package must be submitted to ActionAid Palestine in a closed and sealed envelope to ActionAid offices in Ramallah- Ein Misbah, opposite to YWCA and next to AL Snowbar restaurant, by indicating this title in the e mail subject [INTERNISA 2/2021- capacity building] no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday 25 August 2021. (Our office closes on Friday and Saturday)
ActionAid offers equal opportunities for all. ActionAid Palestine is committed to SHEA (Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse) and safeguarding overarching principles.
This Terms of Reference follows the EU regulations no. 897/2014 for procurement purposes.