- Description and objectives
NEXUS testing vouchers: Supporting the access of NEXUS stakeholders to existing R&D&I
NEXUS innovation vouchers: Facilitate transfer of knowledge together with commercialisation of research results
NEXUS incubation vouchers Effective implementation of innovative technologies that require certain nurture, maturing and mentorship through incubation vouchers for working space
Acceleration grants: to support attendance to different workshops/conferences/pitch events where to present the business idea to large live audiences and allow building communities around them.
NEXUS innovation prize: Support selected business ideas through technical, financial and business tutorship
NEXUS R2B2R missions: Exchange best practices, detect cooperation opportunities, presentation of advance, outputs, future perspectives, competitive advantages, round table discussions concerning NEXUS challenges.
- Potential beneficiaries
NEXUS testing vouchers: Entrepreneurs/SMEs with different cultural backgrounds, educational levels in Jordan and Lebanon
NEXUS innovation vouchers: Entrepreneurs/SMEs with different cultural backgrounds and educational levels
NEXUS incubation vouchers: Relevant business ideas
Acceleration grants: Those business ideas that applied to the Innovation prize and ranked top 4
NEXUS innovation prize: SMEs, individuals, researchers, entrepreneurs, etc. located in Tunisia, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt
NEXUS R2B2R missions: Associations of representatives, chambers of commerce, research parks and universities
- Total budget available
- Number of sub-grants and breakdown by country
• 16 testing vouchers in Jordan and Lebanon of 10.000€ each. Total of 160.000 € for testing vouchers
• 42 innovation vouchers of 5.000 €. A total of 210.000 € for innovation vouchers
• 8 incubation vouchers in Jordan and Lebanon of 10.000€ each. Total of 80.000 € for testing vouchers
• 4 acceleration periods in Spain, of 5.000 € each. Total of 20.000 € for the acceleration
• 4 innovation prizes in Spain, of 5.000 € each. Total of 20.000 € for the prize
• 20 R2B2R missions (Research 2 Business 2 Research) in Italy, of 2.500 € each. A total of 50.000 € for the missions
- Actions to be carried out with the sub-grants
NEXUS testing vouchers: to cover services designed to test/validate which new prototypes/products/services/materials/pilot processes/methods meet the objectives set forth in the specifications addressing NEXUS challenges. To close the innovation cycle by associating NEXUS stakeholders at Nexus Driven Open Living Labs (NDOLLs). The development of demonstrators usable for industrial applications or for commercial exploitation will be not included.
NEXUS innovation vouchers: to grant access to external expertise addressing studies of technological surveillance/information on state of the art/studies of technological/industrial viability/technological developments of processes, products and/or services or support Intellectual Property Rights registration of new business models linked to NEXUS. Do not cover personnel costs/private R&D costs or hardware/software investment directly for applicants.
NEXUS incubation vouchers: to grant incubator working and community space for new promising businesses addressing NEXUS challenges in the. These will be multi-functional spaces adapted to the needs of new companies at different stages in their growth to reinforce/nurture NEXUS open innovation ideas. The voucher covers the rental charges for the different incubators to facilitate the initial setup/ growth period of the company (6 months)
Acceleration grants: For selected innovation prize applicants, to support attendance to different workshops/conferences/pitch events organized by the project/other existing funding bodies/organizations where to present the business idea to large live audiences and allow building communities around them. Besides, such grants are conceived as seeds of a multiplier effect to allow applicants search for crowd founding if business ideas are subsequently improved as a result of participating in several pitch competitions.
NEXUS innovation prize: To select the 10 best business ideas to be submitted by the NEXUS stakeholders' ecosystem (SMEs/individual researchers/entrepreneurs) from the target countries. The selected ideas will be assisted and addressed under the business and technical point of view. The best 2 ideas/NDOLL will take part of the acceleration programme.
NEXUS R2B2R missions: People-to-people approach through mobility scheme vouchers to visit/meet different clusters in MPCs dealing with NEXUS. Exchange best practices, detect cooperation opportunities, use of infrastructures, presentation of advance, outputs, future perspectives, competitive advantages, round table discussions concerning NEXUS challenges
- Selection criteria and award procedure
1. Open virtual calls in English and local language for competitive/non-competitive concurrence through project website and project Agora, while a continuous targeted raise awareness campaign is developed to keep the visibility of offered vouchers. Eligibility, criteria will be also available. Call will remain open depending on the type of voucher (10 months for testing/innovation, 3 months for incubation, 2 months for acceleration, 1month for R2B2R missions).
2. Applicants invited to submit e-applications using the defined application forms. Only e-applications and corresponding required annexes duly filled will be evaluated.
3. Preliminary eligibility checks of submitted applications
4. A selection committee (composed by a total of 7 experts from partner organizations, 1 per target country : Spain, Italy, Jordan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Egypt, Cyprus) evaluates the applications according to an evaluation grid to assess their merits against objectives criteria for comparing and monitoring assessment of all applications (skills, specialization, contributions, capacity, sustainability)
5. Publication of results through project website and project Agora and direct communication to selected applicants
- Tentative calendar
NEXUS testing vouchers: 12/21-09/22
NEXUS innovation vouchers: 12/21-09/22
NEXUS incubation vouchers: 12/21-02/22
Acceleration grants: 07/22-08/22
NEXUS innovation prize: to be postponed till late 2022
NEXUS R2B2R missions: 03/22 and 09/22
GUSTAVO PEREZ GONZALEZ (LB, PROJECT MANAGER)
UAB. SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
MOHAMMED ALJAFARI (PP02, WP5 responsible)
Director of Innovation, Investment, IP & Commercialization
00 962 7 9640 1245. firstname.lastname@example.org
KRYSTEL KHALIL (PP03, WP4 responsible)
Projects Lab Director
email@example.com +961 3 572967