Med4Waste in Lebanon is looking for a Social Media Management
The Environment & Sustainable Development Unit (ESDU) at the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences (FAFS) of the American University of Beirut is an inter-disciplinary research and development center specialized in rural community development, local food systems and sustainable agriculture. For more than 20 years, ESDU has been promoting through large community development projects sustainable rural livelihoods all over Lebanon. The Unit focuses on participatory development and capacity building through knowledge management and sharing, appropriate technologies, and impact analysis with particular attention to smallholder farmers, women and youth in the rural areas.
ESDU is currently working on the Med4Waste project. It is a project under ENI CBC MED aiming to facilitate new governance models for integrated and efficient urban waste management policies across the Mediterranean, with particular emphasis on organic waste & circular economy through adapting waste management plans, policies and other management actions and regulatory drivers in the selected territories.
The target audience for the Med4Waste communication activities is varied, and covers mainly the countries of Spain, Greece, Italy, Tunisia, Jordan, and Lebanon, along with the other UFM countries. While considering that a collaborative effort towards waste management can send a clear message to community members on the importance of preserving the environment, sensitization meetings will be conducted to educate them on the consequences of waste. Communities will, therefore, be encouraged to act towards a zero-waste environment.
To achieve that, external communication will focus on raising awareness about the benefits and value of the Med4Waste project with the aim of engaging relevant target groups and developing stakeholders' networks. All project communication activities are based on the exploitation of modern and effective tools and channels aligned with ENI CBC MED requirements. These activities contribute to the multiplying effect of the project’s outputs. Through communication, the Med4Waste project aims at maximizing reach, engagement, and impact with the target audiences, while remaining aligned with the other project’s work functions and components.
2. Scope of Work
1. Role and Responsibilities
The Environment and Sustainable Development Unit (ESDU) at AUB is seeking the services of a social media management company/consultant to help manage the Med4Waste project’s Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn platforms and deliver up to date content about the project. He/she directly coordinates with ESDU project coordinator and the project’s communication team.
The agency/consultant will assist and provide all necessary services similar but not limited to the ones mentioned below:
- Develop social media content, strategies, activations and editorial plans. Share the content monthly plan on a monthly basis 15 days prior to sharing the monthly calendar that is aligned with the project guidelines and its Communication and Dissemination Strategy.
- Research target markets and help identify selected audiences that should be targeted for specific campaigns.
- Provide creative designs, copy text and captions related to the communication plan. Share monthly calendars with the project coordination for approval 15 days prior to posting.
- Develop paid marketing strategies for social media channels.
- Implement paid marketing plan across all social media channels as needed, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or other channels.
- Community management, monitor once ads are implemented to ensure feedback by users is being delivered to the organization.
- Prepare a total of 9 monthly reports and a final report to monitor the effectiveness of the social media campaign on a monthly basis. Corrective measures will be required depending on these reports.
- Attend communication and project meetings when needed.
From January 15, 2023, to September 15, 2023.
4. Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree in marketing, advertising, graphic design or relevant fields proven practical experience of at least 3 years in communication
- Ability to deliver creative and appropriate content on time, respect the timeline of the activities and the feedback of the project coordinator.
- Ability to draft social media strategy and activities plan.
- Availability of a creative team that consists of but not limited to: graphic designer, copywriter, animator, video editor, community management etc.
- Ability to initiate, manage and monitor paid social media campaigns.
- Have profound expertise in handling social media platforms especially: Facebook, Linked in and Twitter.
- Ability to monitor the social media campaign and to do prompt corrective measures when needed.
- Ability to prepare reports that indicate the effectiveness of the campaign and the KPIs.
- The assignment should incorporate the content produced by the project and increase its reach and engagement rate.
- Live coverage on social media accounts of project events as requested by the communication team or the ESDU project coordinator.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken, equivalent to level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). A fluent command of Arabic and French would be a strong asset.
- Support in drafting and execution of the Med4Waste social media strategy across all social media channels as needed, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or other channels Production of at least 2 videos and several multimedia content to raise awareness of the project activities or to cover projects events.
5. Preferred experience
- Previous experience with ENI CBC Med projects
- Previous experience in the waste management and circular economy fields are an asset.
- Previous experience in running non-profit social media accounts is highly recommended
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position in the title or in the body of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
the deadline to submit before 14-01-2023