Innovation: INTECMED culminates with its Final conference that hosted 100+ attendes in-person and 50+ apperances on the newspapers
This event held from the 17th to the 19th of October, was organised by ASCAME (Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce) in Barcelona and resulted in a big success due to its three pillars:
- Knowledge: panels of experts and high-level discussions.
- Experience: Field technical visit, pitch event and personalised and pre-set B2B meetings.
- Fun: networking afterwork and cultural visits.
Three years of hard work and 3.6 million euros have been invested in the project to develop international cooperation links between Spain, Greece, Egypt and Tunisia.
INTECMED results, among others, include:
- The creation of cooperation links between 40 organisations from the four participating countries, including Chambers of Commerce, universities and research centres.
- Mentoring 48 early-stage companies.
- Awarding 240,000 euros in free-equity grants among the 12 winning start-ups
- Organisation or participation in 98 events across the Mediterranean to promote the project.
- Community of 3,500 followers on social networks
"The tandem created by INTECMED project between Chambers of Commerce, universities and research centres in each of the participating countries is unique and aims to help commercialise research ideas and not leave them only on paper" said one of the partners during the conference.
Another partner mentioned that “the countries of the Mediterranean have more things in common than those that separate us, it is necessary to give countries the freedom to grow without obstacles".
Curious about INTECMED project? Check out this video!