iHERITAGE-Beirut Chamber's awards 9 SPIN OFF Subgrants: Breathing New Life into Lebanese Cultural Heritage through AR VR
The Beirut Chamber of Commerce proudly announces the subgrants award to nine innovative projects spinoff, within the EU funded project iHERITAGE. With a focus on integrating Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and ICT features, these projects aim to reinvigorate and promote the rich cultural heritage of Lebanon.
The iHERITAGE project underscores the importance of preserving, enhancing, and promoting cultural heritage through technological innovation. The following nine projects, funded by this initiative, have commenced their work and are projected to conclude as spin off by the end of September 2023.
By the end of September 2023, these spin-off projects are expected to go live, offering a new dimension to Lebanon's cultural gems.
A Peek into the Future: The Projects
1. Tomorrow Today: This immersive VR quest game transports players back in time, letting them experience life as a Roman soldier from 218 AD. Apart from the adrenaline rush, users will also imbibe historical facts and engage in fun, gamified challenges.
2. A marketplace for self-guided audio and AR tours: This platform is designed to offer curated, immersive audio and AR tours. Travelers and history enthusiasts can embark on self-paced journeys, uncovering lesser-known stories and facets of Lebanon.
3. Virtual Theater Museum: An ode to Lebanon's vibrant theater culture, this digital museum will curate and showcase theater history and artifacts, celebrating the nation's artistry and creativity.
4. 3D Recording and HBIM Tools for Sarepta Archaeological Site Experience: An immersive 3D experience that brings the famed Sarepta Archaeological Site to life, allowing users to virtually traverse its ancient lanes and buildings.
5. Mseilha Fort - VR Experience: Relive the grandeur and strategic importance of the Mseilha Fort, all from the comfort of your VR headset.
6. Echoes of History: This project is all about capturing and presenting layered historical narratives, ensuring that stories from the past are never forgotten.
7. ARound Lebanon: This gamified AR application aims to elevate the exploration of Lebanon's cultural heritage. It blends interactive learning with historical puzzles and also throws in a dash of commercial intrigue by promoting local businesses.
8. Lebanon Lore: Delve deep into the rich tapestry of Lebanese folklore and traditions. The platform is expected to be a reservoir of tales, dances, songs, and rituals.
9. LebaNexus: An immersive journey into the heart of Lebanese cultural heritage, this VR application promises to be both educational and enchanting.
Beirut Chamber is eagerly await the completion of these projects reflecting the fusion of technology and culture. There's no doubt that they will offer an unparalleled experience, making Lebanon's cultural heritage accessible and relatable to generations old and new.