Egypt: MAIA-TAQA call for expression of interest for an automatic solar cleaner robot
Even though in the Southern Mediterranean countries there is a growing need for resource efficiency (RE) services (consulting, engineering, and operations) to deal with the pressure on the environment, the RE supply persists at low levels. This is essentially due to the lack of a proper innovation process that would be able to identify the needs, structure the creative solutions and commercialize them. MAIA-TAQA will deal with these issues by setting up demonstrators in 3 Mediterranean pilot areas where innovative services will be applied: they will be related to micro-grids, photovoltaics, energy storage, solar thermal technologies and water sanitation and purification. Partners will develop solutions for each identified barrier: capacity building programme (for lack of skills); innovation desk (for lack of information); guidelines (for lack of regulation); voucher (for lack of finance) and targeted B2B events (for lack of specific matchmaking). The main final beneficiaries are SMEs (especially from environment/utility/building sector) that can have a set of supporting instruments to overcome the existing barriers and reduce the risks to innovation.
The overall objective of the MAIA-TAQA project, of which this contract will be a part, is the developing and promoting new innovative resource efficiency services (microgrid, solar thermal solutions, and water sanitation) through implementing pilot projects in 3 Mediterranean areas in Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.
Scope of work:
This tender is for solar panel cleaning robot’s suppliers. The robots will clean the System of on grid solar system, Ground installation at Al Ameria Wholesale Market in Alexandria City Egypt:
- The System is 100 kWp Solar PV supplying the station through the connection to the station’s internal electrical Network through Grid Tie Inverter.
- Recommended specifications
- Battery- Type Ultra cell rechargeable battery- Autonomy 1 hours
- Remote Control
- Mobile phone application (Wi-Fi)
- Warranty 24 Months
- The size of the brushes (2x 2 m)
- Cleaning capacity of 1 MegaWatt per day
- Movement system - Speed 30 m/min
- 2.1.4 Battery- Type Ultracell rechargeable battery- Autonomy 1 hours
- 2.1.5 Remote Control
- Mean Mobile phone application (Wifi)
- Reach 150 meter
- The size of the brushes (2x 2 m)
Interested applicants should provide the following info:
- Item specs and features
- Cleaning capacity
- Item picture
- Spare parts (if available)
- Needed training to operate (if available)
- Movement system – Speed m/min
- Experience in implementing similar projects
- Time plan
- Payment terms
- Execution period
The selected expert should come from countries eligible to participate in the procurement procedures as indicated in the Articles 9 of the Regulation (EU) No 236/2014, and include:
Member States, beneficiaries listed in Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 231/2014, and contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area; 4
developing countries and territories, as included in the list of ODA recipients published by the OECD-DAC (‘list of ODA recipients’), which are not members of the G-20 group, and overseas countries and territories covered by Council Decision 2001/822/EC;
the Republic of Belarus;
developing countries, as included in the list of ODA recipients, which are members of the G20 group, and other countries and territories, when they are beneficiaries of the action financed by the Union under the Instruments covered by the Article 9 of the Regulation (EU) No 236/2014;
Countries for which reciprocal access to external assistance is established by the Commission. Reciprocal access may be granted, for a limited period of at least one year, whenever a country grants eligibility on equal terms to entities from the Union and from countries eligible under the Instruments covered by the Article 9 of the Regulation (EU) No 236/2014.
Start: 1st September 2022
- The allotted budget is a maximum of € 10000, including all taxes and expenses.
- CEEBA will evaluate applicants based on its responsiveness to the TOR with a key focus on:
- General and additional qualifications: Company length of experience, technical offer, financial offer, experience of EU ENPI Projects.
- Experience of having undertaken similar assignments in the past.
- All submissions (any other materials useful for the evaluation) must be consistent with the TOR and should arrive no later than 12 pm, 15th of August by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The MAIA-TAQA project is co-financed by the European Union under the European Neighbourhood Instrument cross-border cooperation program “Mediterranean Sea Basin” 2014-2020 (ENI CBC MED). It started on 1st September 2019 and will last for 36 months (until 31st August 2022). Its total budget amounts to 3.167.463,34 EUR, which is co-financed at a 90% rate by the ENI CBC Med program.