CLUSTER in Palestine launches its free training courses in Sustainable Economy sectors targeting unemployed women!
New training opportunities for women in Palestine on four Sustainable Economy sectors and Soft Employment skills!
Are you a woman who is 18 years of age or older living in Palestine? Are you currently Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET)? Would you like to develop your knowledge and skills in fields of the Green, Circular, Blue Economy and Sustainable Agriculture sectors?
CLUSTER’s free training programme in Palestine managed by the Business Women Forum (BWF), Partner of CLUSTER in Palestine, consists of the following 3 stages listed in chronological order:
The First Stage: Online Trainings
The training courses are offered through the CLUSTER e-learning platform, open for at least 250 women NEETs based in Palestine. They consist of 5 modules: 4 beginner level training topics and 1 advanced.
A. Four sector-oriented courses in the following topics (beginner level):
- Organic Agriculture
- Sustainable Food Processing
These training courses include basic notions of Soft Employment Skills.
B. A fifth course on Soft Employment Skills (advanced level).
Applicants can register in one or more or all of these five training courses. The courses can be completed flexibly and asynchronously, within the opening period of the training, based on the schedule of each trainee. However, all courses must be completed before the closing date of 15 August 2023. The expected number of hours of completion of each of the 5 modules is 36 hours.
The Second Stage: Onsite Training on Sustainable Food Processing
This stage will provide advanced training on the topic of Sustainable Food Processing, exclusively for the top 20 trainees who successfully completed the first training stage online, through an Open Call. To be eligible to enroll and compete in this advanced stage, interested participants must successfully complete the basic online training on the topic of Sustainable Food Processing by no later than 11 June 2023.
During this phase, trainees will receive extensive face-to-face training, including practical exercises on Sustainable Food Processing, at the BWF's headquarters in Ramallah. They will also have the opportunity to participate in field visits to companies operating in food processing in Ramallah or other cities in the West Bank.
The training program will also feature coaching sessions that will enable trainees to develop a Social Corporate Responsibility initiative. This training will consist of 25 hours of training and will be implemented over a week, starting from the commencement of this stage of training. This second stage is scheduled to take place between 18 and 29 June 2023.
The Third Stage: Paid Internships
The top 10 trainees who successfully pass the second training stage will be offered paid internships through an Open Call. They will have the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the previous training stages in companies operating in food processing in the West Bank. This training stage will be conducted between the months of June and August 2023. The times and training periods will be distributed among the trainees by the project management in coordination with the participating companies later based on available dates.
- The CLUSTER Training Program in Palestine is exclusively for women who are aged 18 years or older and are not currently employed or enrolled in any education or training program.
- The CLUSTER Training Program in Palestine is exclusively for women who are aged 18 years or older and are not currently employed or enrolled in any education or training program. The training is available through the CLUSTER e-learning platform and is open to women residing in all regions of Palestine who are interested in developing their knowledge of sustainable economic practices.
- The second and third training stages will be conducted in Ramallah and other cities in the West Bank based on need and availability.
- Women who have successfully completed the online training on sustainable food processing within the specified timeframe are eligible to participate and compete in the remaining two stages.
- Completion certificates will be awarded upon the successful completion of each training stage.
As CLUSTER is a project co-funded by the European Union, the training program is free of charge.
To ensure timely completion of the training program, we recommend that interested women register on the CLUSTER e-learning platform and enroll in the Sustainable Food Processing online training before 15 May 2023.
To register for the training program, please click here.
For more information, please refer to this video.