PROSIM: project's Lead Beneficiary has opened a vacancy for Project Coordinator in Tunisia
Deadline for application: 30/06/2022
Project Title: Promoting Sustainable Irrigation Management and non-conventional water use in the Mediterranean - PROSIM
Location of the assignment: Tunisia with missions in the countries of implementation of the project: Jordan, Lebanon, Italy and Spain
Project budget: 3.3M Euro
Languages skills: Italian, English and French are compulsory
The PROSIM project, now in its third year, is funded under the European Union's ENI CBC Med Programme, which promotes cross-border cooperation between countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea. The Managing Authority for the programme and the project, with which the Project Coordinator will have regular relations, is the Region of Sardinia.
The main objective of the project is the adoption and dissemination of efficient irrigation techniques and the promotion of the use of non-conventional water (treated wastewater/ desalinated brackish water) for irrigation.
The project aims to achieve these objectives through:
- The development, installation, monitoring and evaluation of technological/technical solutions for irrigation, wastewater treatment and reuse, desalination of brackish water for irrigation in pilot plots in Jordan, Tunisia, Sicily and Spain.
- The activation of a cross-border network, among all the countries and project partners, for the elaboration of irrigation management plans, promotion of local investments in the innovations and techniques proposed by the project, realisation of field visits to evaluate the application of the different technologies, realisation of a study tour in Spain.
- A capacity-building programme for the staff of the local project partner institutions and the farmers benefiting from the pilot installations.
Description of Tasks and Requirements
The successful and efficient implementation of the project requires of the Project Coordinator:
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with Managing Authorities and institutional partners
- Excellent administrative and accounting project management and reporting skills
- A strong ability to coordinate and motivate ICU staff and partners
- A constant presence on the ground and regular supervision of activities in the other countries
- A high degree of reliability, autonomy and common sense
- Periodic and donor reporting
How to apply
Please, send to email@example.com your application in a SINGLE PDF document containing:
- Updated CV in Italian, English or French
- Motivational letter (in Italian, English or French) covering at least the following topics: any previous knowledge of ICU or its collaborators, how one's personal and professional experience may be useful and valued for this position, expected gross annual salary, date of first availability.
The subject line of the email should be "PROSIM - application of SURNAME NAME".
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.