[MEDISS] Sustainability and Circular Economy in the pilot area of Arborea (Italy): RE-LIVE WASTE webinar
On Friday 20.11.2020, The Italian partners of RE-LIVE WASTE are holding a virtual meeting on “Sustainability and Circular Economy applied to livestock production”. The event aims to disseminate the results obtained through the project implementation on livestock manure management in Arborea.
There is a common background that unites MEDISS and RE-LIVE WASTE projetc: they both operate in the Arborea area in cooperation with the Cooperativa Produttori di Arborea, an active partner of innovative projects in the field of sustainability.
The webinar presents:
- Goals and strategies of the RE-LIVE WASTE project;
- The pilot site “Struvite Production”;
- Management advantages for Arborea livestock farms;
- The new CAP and the New Green Deal in Europe;
- Proposal for guidelines on Sustainability in Sardinia.
The event is held on Friday, November 20, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., entirely online on the Web Zoom platform, due to the introduction of containment measures to halt the spread of Covid-19 disease.
To participate in the event, click the access link.
MEDISS and RE-LIVE WASTE common background
RE-LIVE WASTE Project – financed by the Interreg MED Programme – aims to develop innovative and sustainable solutions to decrease intensive livestock emissions and to transform their effluents into a growth opportunity for the farms.
Likewise MEDISS, RE-LIVEWASTE, in addition to reducing the environmental impact of intensive animal farming and solving their manure management challenge, aims also to achieve the following main objectives:
- Transfer technology on a large-scale, proving the economic sustainability within farms;
- Reduce environmental impact due to poor wastewater management;
- Produce a good fertilizer, profitable and of high commercial value;
- Adapt the process and the different variables to local realities to make it more competitive.