INVESTMED opens calls for sub-grant applications from Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
The EU-funded INVESTMED project is launching sub-grants for Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia.
The sub-granted scheme seeks to boost sustainable businesses in the green economy, blue economy, and cultural and creative industries, with a particular focus on young people and women.
The purpose of the sub-grants is to help small businesses:
- Become more competitive;
- Improve their sustainability;
- Increase their capacity to innovate;
- Implement internationalisation strategies;
with the ultimate aim of fostering sustainable growth and economic development in the region.
Applications are now open for start-ups and MSMEs based in Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia which operate in the following sectors:
- Green economy – in which the economic activities, infrastructures and assets of the sector enable the reduction of carbon emissions and pollution, improve energy and resource efficiency, and avoid the loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Blue economy – related to oceans, seas, lakes, rivers and coasts to promote economic growth, social inclusion and the preservation or improvement of livelihoods, while avoiding environmental and ecosystem degradation.
- Creative and cultural industries – enterprises engaged in the production or reproduction, promotion, distribution or marketing of goods, services and activities with content derived from cultural, artistic or heritage origins.
Sub-grants of up to €10,000 per beneficiary (or up to €20,000 per cultural and creative project) will be awarded to help businesses develop and implement new strategies, products, services, or internationalization plans.
Sub-grants will take the form of a reimbursement of costs.
**The deadline for this call has been extended to 3 March 2022.
For full details, eligibility criteria and applications, please visit: https://euromed-economists.org/investmed/investmed-call-sub-grants-msmes/
Join the virtual Info Day on 1st February at 10:00 CET to find out more - register here.
Keep up to date on Twitter: @InvestmedP
The INVESTMED project is co-funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020. INVESTMED has a duration of 30 months, with a total budget of 3.8 Million euro, of which 3.4 Million euro are funded by the European Union (90%).
INVESTMED Project Partners