Open vacancy within the Med Pearls project
Would you like to be part of the Med Pearls European project?
The Catalan Tourist Board is looking for a person to manage the Med Pearls European project. The candidate should have: organizational & planning skills, communication skills, analytical thinking and be results oriented. The candidate is also expected to be a team player and team worker and be able to prove meeting management and project leadership skills.
- University degree in Marketing, Communication, Advertising and Public Relations, Journalism, Tourism, Business Sciences, Business Administration and Management, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or similar.
- Have extensive experience in European project management
- Have knowledge of the tourism sector.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English, excellent level (writing and speaking).
What would my job be?
The Catalan Tourist Board European Projects team has the mission of bringing Europe closer to the Catalan tourism sector by encouraging participation in European projects and strengthening ties with other European regions, networks and institutions. The vision is to consolidate the sustainable tourism model through European Funds in line with the priorities of the European Union (Green Deal & Digital transition) and with the fulfilment of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (ODS).
The main mission of the job will be to manage "The Mediterranean as an innovative, integral and unique destination for Slow Tourism Initiatives" project Acronym: Med Pearls. ENI CBC MED program where the Catalan Tourist Board is the leader. Thematic objectives: A.1. – Development of SMEs and generate business (promote economic and social development). Priority: A.1.3 – Promote sustainable tourism initiatives and actions.
The tasks assigned would be:
Coordination and management actions within WP1:
- Coordinate and organize the project Executive Committee
- Constant communication with Partners and Technical Assistance
- Communication when necessary with the "Joint Technical Secretariat" and the Managing Authority
- Monitoring, supervision, evaluation and progress of the project
- Preparation of the project financial and technical reports: respond to errors or problems in the delivered report, Interim Report (IR) preparation for November and December and final report for June, July and August
- Organization and attendance at video conferences, project meetings, etc.
- Coordination of experts to achieve pending activities and results
- Administrative management of the project. Follow-up and implementation of the project schedule with respect to the assigned activities. Monitoring the execution of expenses and their justification, collaboration in the writing of reports. Elaboration of a documentary archive of the project (on line and off line)
- Evaluation of the project results
At the communication level (WP2):
- Follow-up of the Communication and Dissemination Plan of the project
- Coordination of the design and production of pending communication materials
- Coordination of support and content for the ENI CBC MED program, in their web page
At the project strategy level:
- Med Pearls project strategy development and implementation
- Support in the definition, organization and participation of promotional and marketing actions that the CTB must develop within the project framework
- Follow-up on the process of creation and development of tourist products and the activities that derive from them
- Follow-up on the process creation and development of technological tools and the activities that derive from it
What are the conditions?
- Start date: September 2022
- Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
- Duration: until the completion and justification of the project (expected July 2023).
- Place: Passeig de Gràcia, 105, 08008 Barcelona
Would you like to join us in this great challenge?
Send us your application at the following link!
The registered persons give their consent for the Catalan Tourist Board to consult their data in other administrations or entities to verify that they meet the conditions required to access the object of this offer and to consult them during its validity.
Against this call, the interested person may file contentious lawsuits before the Social Courts within two months counted on the day after their publication/communication, in accordance with the provisions laid down in Article 69.2 of Law 36/2011 of 10 October, regulator of social jurisdiction (LRJS), and following the procedure laid down in Articles 151 and 152 of the aforementioned LRJS, without prejudice to any other appeal it deems convenient for the defense of its interests.