MED4EBM en Jordanie lance la campagne "Clean Up the World"
Ce contenu est disponible uniquement en anglais
Under MED4EBM project in Jordan, the Royal Marine Conservation Society of Jordan (JREDS) will launch the Clean Up the World Campaign over two days, 29 and 30 September 2021.
Clean Up the World campaign in Jordan started in 1993 when a group of responsible people headed by HRH Princess Basma bint Ali joined the international Clean Up the World campaign community. Since then this has been considered the focal national institution to run this campaign in Aqaba and has succeeded so far in implementing this campaign on an annual basis. The campaign is conducted in coordination with a wide range of stakeholders including the government, the public and the private sector. Also, NGOs, CBOs, schools, youth as well as thousands of volunteers and marine devotees are actively engaged.
The goal of the annual campaign is to create a culture of enhanced awareness among Jordanians to fight against the harmful effects of litter on the marine environment, human health, and the economy. The campaign aims to:
- Enhance the awareness of the harmful effects of plastic waste on environmental, social, and economic systems among Jordanian society and decision-makers.
- Protect sensitive and fragile habitats as well as various extraordinary creatures living in the Gulf of Aqaba.
- Provide a clean and healthy environment in the Gulf of Aqaba, the only sea outlet in Jordan.
- Promote the understanding of "Healthy environment means Healthy Life" and emphasize the social responsibility of all individuals towards the environment and the necessity to conserve it.
- Direct the attention of decision-makers, governments, and industries towards the importance of the environment, and their responsibility for protecting it
Visits our social media channels for full overage on the campaign days.