MEDISS: le groupe palestinien d'ingénieurs en eaux usées recherche un expert en communication
Contenu disponible uniquement en anglais.
Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group (PWEG) is hiring a Communication Expert with technical background.
PWEG is the Lead Partner of Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply (MEDISS) project which is financed by the ENI CBC Med Programme "Cooperation across borders in the Mediterranean" , thematic “B.4 Environmental protection, climate change adaptation and mitigation”, priority “B.4.1Water efficiency”.
PWEG is a technical Non-Governmental Organization founded in 2004. PWEG’s main fields of interest are water, wastewater, food security, renewable energy and institutional support, with Clean Environment as a slogan. PWEG has its headquarter office in Al Bireh, Ramallah and Al Bireh Governorate – Palestine.
The deadline for receiving applications is 20th of August 2020
Work location is in Al Bireh with possible travel to MEDISS partners venues.
Type of Contract: Service Contract - Part time
Duration of Contract: until end of project expected by 31 July 2022
Interested candidates shall apply by email to email@example.com sending a cover letter not exceeding one page and a CV in English with contact phone number, place of residency, describing level of education, experience and languages skills.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assure constant communication to and with local stakeholders on MEDISS activities and results.
- Disseminate MEDISS achievements and promoting its future exploitation in synergy with other initiatives and relevant stakeholders.
- Have support and active engagement from identified target groups on water management by raising their awareness on the theme.
- Development and uptake of good practices on nonconventional water supply at cross-border level.
- Enabling efficient application of MEDISS innovative solutions for local institutions and local communities.
- Communicate with media regularly: update organization and project website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Serve as a contact for media communications.
- Arrange and coordinate communication events like press conferences, awareness sessions etc…
- Project Database performance
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective communication program.
- Degree in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum 3 years of experience in development of technical projects/ programs.
- Experience in international or non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge and/or experience in water and environmental projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven expertise in social media and networking.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages is required
About MEDISS project
The Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply MEDISS project addresses the issue of improving the quality of saline groundwater present in the MED area opening up alternative irrigation for higher quality and more diversified cultivations.
Six partners are involved in the project: PWEG and Jericho Governorate (Palestine), Aqaba Water Company (Jordan), Institute des Regions Arides (Tunisia), CRENoS and ENAS with the local stakeholders Cooperativa Produttori Arborea, Comune di Arborea (Italy).
According to the features and specific needs of the partner areas, MEDISS will test innovative solutions in the use of treated wastewater and desalination of brackish water, including:
- blending of treated wastewaters with fresh wadi water and brackish groundwater (Palestine);
- reverse osmosis (RO) desalination with innovative long lasting membrane and photovoltaic energy (Jordan);
- prototype ammonia stripping plant for fertilization (Italy);
- tertiary treatment with innovative filter bed (Tunisia).