Egypt's Minister of International Cooperation Dr. Rania Al-Mashat to participate in ENI CBC Med event at COP27
We are delighted to announce that H.E Dr. Rania Al-Mashat, Egypt’s Minister of International Cooperation, will join our third event at United Nations' Climate Change Conference 'COP27' on November, 14th. Join us physically at the Mediterranean Pavilion or follow online at https://youtu.be/QED9SXCpL3U from 12.30-13.30 Egypt time, corresponding to 11.30-12.30 CET.
Under the title “Propelling SMEs and businesses into a green future”, the session will look at solutions and projects connected to ENI CBC MED Programme that promote the adoption of environmental practices, green business models and circular economy principles to foster an economic growth that does not jeopardize our ecosystems and natural resources.
Achieving the transition towards climate-neutrality requires a commitment at all levels, through unprecedented efforts from governments, citizens, and of course businesses: these latest have a responsibility toward nature and the environment and need to put sustainability at the heart of their business models. How can businesses, especially SMEs harness the potential of the green economy while maintaining their competitiveness? How to make the green transition a real opportunity for SMEs rather than a burden? These issues and many others will be discussed during the event.
H.E Dr. Rania Al-Mashat, Minister of International Cooperation, Arab Republic of Egypt
- Dr. Alaa Ezz, Secretary General, Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations (CEEBA)
- Prof. Gianluigi Bacchetta, Director of the Center for Biodiversity and Conservation, University of Cagliari – Italy
- Ms. Jihen Boutiba, General Director, Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED)
- Ms. Cynthia Echave, Senior Researcher, Euro-Mediterranean Association of Economists (EMEA)
- Ms. Oumaya Marzouk, Director of Circular Economy projects, CEREMA, France
- Mr. Alessandro Miraglia, Team Leader, Networking & Communication Facility – MedWaves, the UNEP/MAP Regional Activity Centre for SCP
Mr. Vincent Ernoux, coordinator of the Branch Office for the Western Mediterranean, ENI CBC MED Programme