Egypt: CLUSTER4GREEN is looking for Finance and Administration officer
Fiance officer is responsible of managing the funds, budget, and manage the EU-funded project according to the rules and requirements prescribed by international donors EU.
- Key areas of Accountability:
Reports to FEI/International Partners
- Duties and Responsibilities
As finance officer, you will be responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of EU-funded projects. In this role, you will:
- support the projects team with the financial management of EU-funded project
- prepare project financial reports on a regular basis
- monitor the budgets of EU grants and service contracts, including monitoring timesheets, staff costs and projects’ subcontracts
- help in the preparation of grant agreements and amendments when needed
- contribute in the preparation of administrative documents for new proposals
- train new staff members in financial management of EU grants
- prepare for internal or external audits
- improve internal financial procedures
- Responsible for all bank payments data entry of all expenditure and income.
- Prepare all payment vouchers and ensure accounting dimensions are accurately added.
- Ensuring that all the vouchers and supporting documents are properly organized and filed, and that they are in compliance with internal audit requirements.
- Perform financial monitoring visits to current partners, review supporting documents to financial reports and prepare a visit reports for comments and recommendation.
- Ensure procurement policy contained in the procedure manual have been strictly followed and adhered.
- Coordinate with RFM to identify the most appropriate suppliers to fulfill purchase requests, raising efficiency and achieving greater cost-effectiveness with high quality.
- Ask for quotations and researching vendor prices in addition to negotiating with vendors.
- Ensure requested goods have been procured in a timely and cost-effective manner within donor regulations and ensure paperwork is completed efficiently.
- Other duties as required within the job purpose, and as assigned by the finance manager or the project manager.
- Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years in finance & projects experience in an INGO environment, including experience in different donor’s policies and procedures specially EU.
- Comfort and experience with using financial analysis techniques using Excel/ data base connectivity and tools for managing data.
- Knowledge of procurement, HR and general office administration/management issues.
- Previous experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to plan and organize a workload that includes diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to submit a timely and accurately reports and data.
- Good communication skills and ability to support and deal with different staff member from different functions, donors and partners.
- A commitment to the values and principles of Positive Planet.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
Applications will be accepted up till 20/5/2022.
More details can be found here
About the CLUSTER4GREEN PROJECT
The creation of economic opportunities through the promotion and development of the Mediterranean circular economy is the essence of CLUSTER4GREEN. In a vast part of the region, the leverage potential of circular economy is still lagging, deeply affecting the capacity of green sectors to generate wealth and jobs. CLUSTER4GREEN will take on the legacy of several previous projects that paved the way for the adoption of sustainable models of development, based on the circular concept, in industries like textile, building or smart cities. It will continue the green path with the generation of a “Common MED Circular Economy Programme” aimed at supporting both the green entrepreneurs and the local authorities responsible for the creation of an adequate green business environment. Innovative and sustainable business models will be elaborated and presented to a wide number of enterprises during specific training and assistance activities. As a final step on the green way, sustainable investment alliances will be established forging Public-Private Partnerships at national and international scale: as a result, the project will contribute to the “greening” of several Mediterranean industrial sectors at pilot level.