Contracting Authority: The Federation of Egyptian Industries
Reference: SRV.ST (3).20.02.2023
You are kindly invited to submit a technical and financial offer to provide consultancy services to support of the design and implementation of a national sustainable investment framework and programme in Egypt
Terms and Conditions:
- The Technical and Financial offers should be sent by email to Dr. El Sayed Torky- Project Manager email@example.com; Rania El Nady-Project Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org, No. later than 05/03/2023.
- All Prices should be presented in gross amount and in EGP Currency.
- The financial offer should be attached with detailed budget breakdown of the services required.Payment shall be made as the following ; the payment shall be made as following:.
- 5% first payment upon delivering action plan approved by the project manager.
- 75% balance payment will take place after the end of full consultancy service according to the TOR and approved final report by the project manager.
- Profile of the expert The expert should fulfil the following criteria:
- Natural person (with team) or enterprise established in Egypt
- At least 5 years of experience in supporting businesses, entrepreneurship, sustainability issues, greening of production modes, CSR strategies.
- Proven knowledge of the regulatory and institutional frameworks regarding business and environment in Egypt.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic are required.
- Applications should attach with the followings:
- A detailed resume highlighting the expert experience in the fields relevant to the expertise mission
- A technical offer including a description of the methodology used, main milestones and implementation steps as well as an estimate of the time spent on each task;
- A financial offer (days and gross costs in man days).
Terms of reference”
Consultancy service to support of the design and implementation of a national sustainable investment framework and programme in Egypt
There is currently limited initiative in Egypt allowing to promote and/or support enterprises and business projects engaged in strategies aiming at improving their sustainability, or in other words their local impacts in terms of economic, social, environmental and territorial spillovers.
Cluster4Green, a project led by partners in 6 countries, namely Egypt, France, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Spain and Tunisia, with the support of the European Union, addresses this gap through a 2-year action plan (2022-2023).
The Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI), as the national coordinator of Cluster4Green project for Egypt, is looking for an Egyptian-based consultancy that will support the design and implementation of a national sustainable investment framework and programme in Egypt
Background Information on Cluster4Green Project
Cluster4Green ambition is to create economic opportunities through the promotion and development of circular economy in the Mediterranean. It specifically aims at:
- Supporting MSMEs and clusters to adopt circular economy -innovation processes;
- Promoting investments with positive social and environmental impacts;
- Strengthening the collaboration of public and private actors to support circular economy and social and environmental responsible investments.
Cluster4Green is coordinated by Ass.For.Seo (Italy) and implemented with the Federation of Egyptian Industries – FEI (Egypt), ANIMA Investment Network (France), Berytech (Lebanon), BIC Malaga (Spain), Confédération des Entreprises Citoyennes de Tunisie – CONECT (Tunisia) and Amman Chamber of Industry – ACI (Jordan).
Four national sustainable investment frameworks and programmes will be designed to promote and support sustainable enterprises and business projects in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia.
In each country, a collaborative process involving relevant public and private organisations (business associations, public authorities, finance institutions, etc.) will allow to:
- Define the most effective content for such programme. A list of possible approaches is presented in Annex 3.
- Identify an appropriate implementation scheme (main partners involved, missions, coordination processes, financial scheme, etc.)
- Engage partners at the national and international level if/ when relevant
- Implement the programme.
This work will be carried out thanks to the expertise and network of Cluster4Green partners, and with the assistance of one or several consultancy missions.
Among other resources, Cluster4Green will rely on IMPACT RATING, an initiative developed by ANIMA Investment Network, that provides an online tool and a methodological guide allowing to assess the sustainability of a business projects according to its economic, social, environmental and territorial impacts. The assessment is based on a questionnaire and provides a rating of the project performance for 33 criteria allowing to cover the project impacts for each sustainability dimension (economic, social, environmental and territorial impacts). A description of IMPACT RATING is provided in Annex 2.
More information about Cluster4Green is available at https://enicbcmed.eu/projects/cluster4green
Consultancy Service Requirements Details
- Format and objectives of the consultancy services
The consultant will assist the Federation of Egyptian Industries (FEI) in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of several activities in order to design and implement a sustainable investment framework and programme to promote and support sustainable enterprises and business projects in Egypt based on the following activities:
- Organisation of a launch event in March,2023 allowing to:
- Identify and gather relevant stakeholders (both governmental or private) to present the ambition of CLUSTER4GREEN sustainable investment programme as well as the standard proposal of IMPACT RATING online tool allowing to assess the sustainability of investment projects
- Discuss the more relevant approach(es) to support sustainable investment in Egypt and the potential associated institutional schemes
- Agree on a selection of economic, social, environmental & territorial criteria to be included in the national rating tool (out of 33 criteria included in the standard tool +identification of missing criteria)
- Discuss the co-design and implementation process for CLUSTER4GREEN sustainable investment programme.
- Design of the sustainable investment framework and programme:
This activity will consist of the following:
Defining and propose the scope of the sustainable investment framework and programme and supporting its implementation, including but not limited to the following:
- Approach: type of activity to be implemented under the framework and programme (cf. Annex 2).
- Review impact rating tools such as IMPACT RATING online tool and tools developed under the EMBRACE project.
- Discuss the impact rating tools with FEI.
- Identify the relevant partners involved, missions, coordination processes, financial scheme, etc.)
- Communication tools to be used to inform and engage relevant partners and promote the programme through the following process:
- Conduct One-on-one meetings with relevant stakeholders and regular updates and discussions with the project partners (it is required to meet with (10) stakeholders /organizations).
- Present and discuss the main objective and approach of CLUSTER4GREEN sustainable investment framework & program as well as the standard version of IMPACT RATING tool allowing to assess the sustainability of investment projects/ enterprises.
- Define, design and propose the scope of the sustainable investment framework and submit recommendations on a selection of priority economic, social, environmental & territorial criteria to be included in the Egyptian national IMPACT RATING tool (out of 33 criteria included in the standard version of the tool).
- Identify additional needed criteria when relevant, according to the national strategies, economic, social & environmental priorities in Egypt.
- Discuss and propose appropriate approach to support implementation of the sustainable investment program and framework in Egypt and potential associated institutional schemes.
- Propose incentives schemes by mapping the current incentives and proposing new potential incentives in addition to visibility and special facilitation services.
- Organisation of Networking and dissemination events allowing to:
- Identify and gather relevant stakeholders to present sustainable investment framework and programme: partner organisations involved in the implementation, organisations likely to support the implementation / promote the programme / raise awareness among potential final beneficiaries or support them
- Prepare the event: agenda, communication outputs, presentation the proposed sustainable investment framework and programme, inspiring experiences identified in other Mediterranean and EU countries, methodology allowing to facilitate discussions for the forging of partnerships at the national levels.
- Support the implementation of the event: presentation and/ or moderation, etc.
- Collaborative framework
The Consultancy service is expected to start in Mach and last for 3-month timeframe (extend upon FEI approval with no extra fees). For its whole duration, the expert will work in close collaboration with the FEI team and the partner organisations that will be identified throughout the consultancy task. Ultimately, the expert will present their work as a full report submitted at the end of the implementation of the consultancy service.
- Deliverables of the mission
- A detailed work plan and deliverable scopes and structures will be defined at the start of the activity.
- Amend the proposed Sustainability Investment Framework and program based on the feedback received from FEI & stakeholders.
- Attend relevant project activities.
- A narrative report will present the outputs.
- Budget allocated for the consultancy Service
The financial budget allocated for the entire required consultancy service must include travel costs if any.