Jordan: MAIA-TAQA is looking for a consultant to supervise the implementation of a solar thermal cooling system pilot
The project that will be installed on the roof of the Aqaba Chamber of Commerce building in Aqaba aims at demonstrating the capability of solar thermal systems in reducing consumption of energy used for cooling in office buildings in the Mediterranean area through the implementation of a solar thermal cooling system. The system includes all necessary devices and equipment, including solar thermal collectors, hot water tanks, cold water tank, pumps, control system, cooling tower, connections, pipes, valves, expansion tanks, monitoring sensors and others.
The work includes the implementation of the project works for the supply, installation, commissioning, monitoring and operation of a solar thermal cooling system. This shall include the installation and all electromechanical and construction works related to the project, commissioning, training on operation and maintenance for the whole system components and according to technical specifications, attached design schematic diagrams and site requirements.
Jordan Chamber of Commerce (JOCC) is looking for a Jordanian local consultant to supervise the implementation of “MAIA-TAQA Solar Thermal Cooling System pilot project in Aqaba” with the following TOR, covering the solar thermal cooling for buildings as part of the ENI CBC MED MAIA-TAQA project activities.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The objective of this consultancy is to conduct supervision and commissioning for the solar cooling system located in Aqaba of capacity 35 kW and with solar collectors of 148 m2. The solar cooling system will be connected with the existing chiller system on the roof of the Aqaba Chamber of Commerce. The system includes a monitoring system as well.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The consultant will be responsible to supervise all of the project installation and commissioning phases.
A. Check contractors’ work progress based on Contractor’s weekly progress reports and report any deviations to JOCC.
- The consultant will be responsible to supervise, check and verify the system installation:
- Installation of solar collector system.
- Installation of chiller system and storage tanks
- Installation of the rest equipment
- Installation of monitoring system
- The consultant will be responsible to perform the system commissioning that includes:
- Checking and verifying the installation of the specified equipment and instruments.
- Checking and verifying the smooth operation of all installed equipment and instruments.
- Performing the final commissioning which will be elaborated after the following:
- Completion of all the installation works.
- Delivery of all project documentation.
- Approval of the commissioning and testing plan report by Aqaba Commerce Chamber.
- Approval of the proposed testing equipment and instruments by Aqaba Commerce Chamber.
- Additional tests or testing equipment, if there is a need of any, or if it is required by Aqaba commerce chamber
- The consultant will be responsible to supervise the system monitoring phase:
- Checking and verifying the installation of the specified monitoring equipment,
- Checking and verifying the smooth operation and communication of the monitoring system.
Name and short description
Heat flow rate sensors
Electricity meter for the whole system
Temperature sensor PT100 with shield
Temperature sensor PT100 (optional)
Desktop PC for supporting the operation of the monitoring system
Monitoring software and set up
Equipment and services for data storage and communication
Other equipment and services for the operation of the monitoring system (electrical board, relays, cables, database, installation, etc)
- The consultant will be responsible to write and deliver the first and the final reports.
- The consultant will be responsible to conduct meetings with the contractor and with the Aqaba chamber of commerce teams.
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
It is expected that the consultant would have a thorough knowledge of solar energy and cooling system.
Education – A University degree in Mechanical engineering.
Work Experience – At least 5 years work experience in any of the above-mentioned fields.
Languages – Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required.
Other skills – Excellent writing and communication skills; Computer literacy. Proficiency in Microsoft Word is required.
The start date for this contract shall be valid from the date of signing until the date of finishing the project, and if any parties want to stop it, shall notify the other party before one month of date of ending.
Further additional clauses:
- This contract is regulated by the Jordanian Law however applicable, for the goal above specified to identify some of the criteria on the base of which to assess the services object of this contract, from the normative and rules mentioned in the introduction and the call. The only competent Hall is the Court of Amman.
- CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENTS
Consultant Job Title: Expert on solar cooling
Expected Duration: This is a deliverable-based consultancy to be completed over a period of 120 days,
Number of field visit to Aqaba = 12 visits (3 visits per month)
- Final acceptance will be issued once all of the above works and required items have been completed.
- Final acceptance will be issued to the contractor by the Aqaba commerce chamber at that time in accordance with the contractor.
Deadline for financial proposal is September 16th 2021
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org