GIMED Showcasing Innovation: Tunisian Start-ups Shine at the Green pitch day
On May 13, 2023, the confederation of Citizen Enterprises of Tunisia (CONECT) organized a Pitching Event and Networking Event as part of the Green Impact MED – GIMED program, an initiative under ENI CBC Med. .
The Pitching event provided a platform for 11 innovative start-ups, which have received training and support through the GIMED project, to showcase their ground-breaking ideas and products. Each participant had the opportunity to present their projects before a jury: two of them secured a grant of 7,500€. Let's delve into the projects that were presented during this inspiring event and explore the transformative power of entrepreneurship in shaping a sustainable tomorrow.
Eco-innovative start-ups participating:
1st winner: AlgaePool
AlgaePool, revolutionizes sustainable agriculture by transforming retired maritime containers into self-contained microalgae production units. Their solution offers thermal regulation, agitation, and harvest management through connected sensors and an online platform. AlgaePool's objectives include deploying an eco-friendly solution for agriculture, valorizing recycled containers, and contributing to greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
2nd winner: EXMAD DECO
The second winner specializes in craftsmanship and offers innovative solutions to valorize marble waste. They produce unique pebbles and tiles that reflect light in the dark, aiming to minimize the environmental and social impact of marble waste. Their vision is to offer sustainable products that positively impact the environment, while their objectives include implementing sustainable practices and contributing to the well-being of local communities.
- PUBAG: An advertising agency distributing ecological advertising bread bags for bakeries, funded by advertisers for specific and temporary campaigns.
- Tyssara: An eco-responsible Tunisian ready-to-wear clothing brand offering limited and customizable collections inspired by Tunisian heritage, catering to young, active, and plus-size women.
- Teapam: A registered brand of infusions made from aromatic and medicinal plants, showcasing the extraordinary characteristics of the Béni-Khedache area.
- Blue Jet Engineering: A Tunisian startup specializing in advanced machine creation and innovative IoT solutions to streamline production, boost efficiency, and deliver unmatched precision and speed.
- Innov Algue: A green company specializing in the transformation of marine algae into luxury products.
- Bee and Bio fruits: A network of 11 organic fruit producers and 5 beekeepers, with an annual production of 70 tons of organic pomegranates and 700 kg of honey.
- ECO SOL: Developing alternatives to nitrogen fertilizers with low energy consumption and low CO2 emissions to help farmers increase yields sustainably.
- Green API Therapy: Creating value from bee products in the areas of apiculture, api cosmetology, and api agro-food, promoting a green and circular economy.
- PLESTECO: A plastic material transformation industry, specializing in the manufacture of plastic pipes.
We celebrate the success of the two winners of the pitching event. These visionary entrepreneurs have propelled innovative projects that redefine the future, creating a positive impact on the environment and society. By repurposing resources and reducing waste, they create valuable products and contribute to a greener future.
The GIMED program plays a vital role in supporting and nurturing these entrepreneurship initiatives, providing resources, mentorship, and networking opportunities. We look forward to the continued growth and success of all these entrepreneurs in the GIMED program. Their dedication, creativity, and commitment to sustainability inspire others, demonstrating the potential for positive change through entrepreneurship in such a vibrant Mediterranean region.