YEP MED in Lebanon: Escola Europea visits Beirut to promote the project and discuss training in the port sector
Eduard Rodés and Marco Muci from the team of the Escola Europea travelled to Beirut on the 16th of November 2021 to meet with representatives of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Beirut and Mount Lebanon – one of the partners of the YEP MED project. They have been welcomed by Mr. Sabra, who also greeted other attendees of the meeting who represented the stakeholders of the port of Beirut.
The meeting progressed with a presentation from Mrs. Hana Haidar from the Beirut Chamber, who described the objectives achieved in the preparation of the courses for students of International Trade in Beirut, both in the training of trainers and in the realisation of the courses for students, who have completed the visits to the port.
Mr. Eduard Rodés explained the development of the YEP MED Project, its objectives and the changes the project underwent as a result of the global health crisis. The electronic platform portvirtuallab.com and the ERP programme of Click&Cargo – born out of the new online reality that emerged in the past year - were then demonstrated.
The new training model proposed by the YEP MED Project was also discussed, in which the roles of the teacher and the students are redefined through the active participation of the students in the development of the training content and in which the teacher takes on the role of a tutor.
To finish the day, a debate was held among the participants, with a representative of the local freight forwarders group highlighting the need for the sector to be able to rely on trained personnel to face the digital transitions taking place across the industry.
• Mr. Eduard Rodés - Director - Escola Europea
• Mr. Marco Muci - Italy manager - Escola Europea
• Mr. Elie Zakhour - President of the international Chamber of Shipping - Beirut
• Mr. Marcel Hinain - Vice Chairman for External relations - American University of Technology
• Mrs. Swansan Wazzan - Board Member - Chamber of Beirut and Mount Lebanon
• Mr. Ziad Kenaan - Chairman - Director General of Beirut Container Terminal
• Mr. Walid Lattouf - President Lebanese Forwarders Syndicate
• Mr. Antoine Gharios - CMA CGM