GreenBuilding introduces 7 tips for better use of your office equipment to reduce energy consumption!
Are you wondering what to do to reduce energy consumption in your office building by making better use of your office equipment? GreenBuilding team is here to support you! Make a note of the following 7 tips and you will measure significant energy savings.
- Tip 1 - Choose laptops instead of desktops
Laptops typically consume less energy compared to desktops, so keep this in mind! This can save 80-90% of your electrical cost!
- Tip 2 - Switch off all printers, scanners, microwaves, air conditioners, coffee vending machines during weekends or holidays
Appliances left on standby still use up to 50% of the energy they use when in operation, and appliances continue to draw power even if they’re just plugged in.
- Tip 3 - Replace your old devices with new ones
Energy-efficient devices cost more in advance, but based on the life cycle costing, they save money and energy.
- Tip 4 - Choose an inkjet printer instead of a laser printer
Inject printer consumes 90% less energy than a laser printer.
- Tip 5 - Use energy-saving setting if applicable
Use it as default!
- Tip 6 - Set up a maintenance schedule
Well-maintained equipment is more efficient and lasts longer!
- Tip 8 - Go paperless
Print only when necessary. Extra tip: Add any documents you want to share with others to a shared drive instead of printing out a copy!
Stay tuned and worry about energy consumption and we will offer you the solutions!