AQUACYCLE ينضم إلى حلقة دراسية مباشره حول "البكتيريا المقاومة للمضادات الحيوية: حدوثها والتخلص منها من مياه الصرف الصحي في المناطق الحضرية"
المحتوى متاح باللغة الإنجليزية
Spanish partner in AQUACYCLE, CIEMAT-PSA invites water stakeholders to join a Live Seminar:
- Title: Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria: Occurrence and removal from Urban Wastewater
- Speaker: Dr. Inmaculada Polo, Researcher, CIEMAT-PSA (Plataforma Solar de Almeria)
- Live Seminar Time and Date: 12:00-13:00 (Turkish time / GMT + 3), Friday, 05 February 2021
- Recorded Seminar: Link distributed to registered participants after the live seminar is complete.
- Registration Link: https://forms.gle/5x8XFtmcXLc5R6239
Abstract: The seminar 'Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria: Occurrence and Removal from Urban Wastewater' is related with the topic of urban wastewater (UWW) reclamation and reuse with especial focus on the occurrence and treatment of antibiotic resistant bacteria (ARB) and antibiotic resistant genes (ARG). The presence and spread of ARB is one of the major global health concern of this century’s, and in this context, UWW treatment plants are today considered as hotspots for the spreading of antibiotic resistance (AR). This is due to the presence of antibiotics (at ng-mg/L range) that may act as selective pressure for the microbial adaptation and selection of ARB. Therefore, along the presentation, the following contents will be discoursed: i) a brief description of main antibiotic´s mechanisms to inactivate microorganisms; ii) the different ways of bacteria to develop and acquire the resistance to antibiotics; iii) the occurrence of ARB/ARG on UWW and finally, iv) the efficiency of conventional and non-conventional (including solar technologies) tertiary treatments for the removal of ARB and ARG from secondary effluents.
More details are available here.