AQUACYCLE cordially invites all water stakeholders to Seminar on Wastewater Treatment and Reuse in Lebanon
The Lebanese University cordially invite all water stakeholders to join their 2nd National Seminar on Wastewater Treatment & Reuse which will take place on 15th February 2021 at the Faculty of Public Health of the Lebanese University from 08:30 till 13:30.
The event is being organized under the auspices of the ENI CBC Med funded project AQUACYCLE, Towards Sustainable Treatment and Reuse of Wastewater in the Mediterranean Region, as a joint event by the Faculty of Public Health, the Faculty of Science & the Doctoral School for Science and Technology at the Lebanese University.
The theme of the seminar will be on the use of non-conventional water resources (NCWR) as a solution towards local water security and climate change adaptation.
The objective of the seminar is to promote sustainable practices in the circular economy context, with a focus on the safe reuse of treated domestic wastewater by sustainable nature-based solutions and advanced technologies.
The foreseen sessions/topics will include:
- Novel Strategies towards a Circular Economy in the Wastewater Sector
- Sanitation, Wastewater Management and Sustainability: from Waste Disposal to Resource Recovery
- Innovative technologies for decentralised wastewater treatment in urban and peri-urban areas
- Treated wastewater quality guidelines for agricultural use (WHO and FAO standards), and
- Closing Session: the use of NCWR as a sustainable, innovative and cost-effective way of improving community access to water in water scarce areas of Lebanon
The seminar is free of charge but registration is mandatory at
For more information about the seminar, please visit http://www.biotech.ul.edu.lb/aquacycle/events.html.