Sub-grants under IPMED shall be used for supporting Proof of Concept projects in Irbid region in Jordan and in Tunis for the purpose of capitalizing the results and Pilot Projects Implementation.
Main goal: Boosting knowledge transfer in the precompetitive phase when a vision of potential applications of a research/innovative result exists but further efforts are needed to bring the corresponding product, technology or service to a marketable form.
Purpose: Verifying the market feasibility of promising ideas and research concepts of all kinds from all R&I areas, with particular attention to priority sectors in Jordan and Tunis (i.e. energy and environment, ICTs, biotech, agro-food, creative industries).
- Potential beneficiaries
• Start-ups and MSMEs, more emphasis on the recently established (within two to three year prior to the call for proposals),
• Young (aged 24-35) and women (all ages) entrepreneurs with active idea/ business incubation in Irbid (Jordan) and Tunis.
- Total available budget
- Number of sub-grants and breakdown by country
12 grants of €10,000 each
Irbid, Jordan - 6 grants * €10,000 = €60,000
Tunis, Tunisia - 6 grants * €10,000 = €60,000
- Actions to be carried out with the sub-grants
A proposal shall include a coherent plan with specific budget lines that cover the cost of implementing the plan activities. Activities can be some of the following (non-exhaustive list):
- New product/ process validation
- IP business consultancy
- Government application
- Attorney and translation related services
- Infringement monitoring service
- Selection criteria and award procedure
Awards will be granted through:
• Competitive Calls for Proposals organized by Jordan (JEDCO) and Tunis (Chamber of commerce and industry of Tunis).
• An announcement will be published containing main information about the sub-grants (objectives and areas of special interests, minimum eligibility requirements for applicants, evaluation criteria, funds available, period of performance, and number of awards anticipated, format and deadline for submission).
• Advertisements will be announced in the local newspapers of both Jordan and Tunisia, on the IPMED website and the partners’ websites and the related social media channels.
An Evaluation Panel composed of experts from the five partner organizations will assess the proposals submitted on their merits against a common matrix of objective criteria for comparing and monitoring assessment of all applications.
Deadline : 21 December 2022 Extension of deadline until 9th January 2023.