The objective of TEX-MED ALLIANCES’s call for sub-grants is to select MSMEs and Business Representative Organisations (BROs) for the implementation of Cross Border Cooperation Initiatives (so called “Framework Initiatives” and “Specific Initiatives”), aiming at aggregating enterprises and other economic organizations on three strategic areas:
• Circular Economy
It will provide them with financial support to cover specific categories of eligible costs directly linked to outputs, or activities or deliverables related to the Initiatives, such as: mission costs for the participation to meetings, visits, seminars, trainings, events, or costs related to product innovation/development and protection of intellectual property (i.e: pre-production costs, tests/certifications, consumables, digitalization, patents and trade-marks, etc).
- Potential beneficiaries
Micro, Small and Medium enterprises (including start-ups) and Business Representative Organizations (including also business support bodies such as Research centres, Innovation poles, etc.).
- Total available budget
- Number of sub-grants and breakdown by country
Indicative n. of sub-grants awarded: 30.
• maximum amount: EUR 10.000
All eligible regions of the countries involved in the TEX-MED ALLIANCES project, i.e. Spain, Italy, Greece, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan and Palestine.
- Actions to be carried out with the sub-grants
Actions covered by sub-grants application are:
- Create producers/retailers’ fashion local/regional Brands
- Set up a network of hubs for Fashion Trends services
- Developing Technical Textiles for Islamic wear
- Developing Modest Fashion collections - New Memo
- Identify new Textile Preventive Materials for sanitary emergencies
- Structuring a framework for the production, testing and labelling of community cloth face coverings
- Wearable technologies for health distant monitoring with the context of pandemic disease
- Creating a Mediterranean Clusters of qualified SMEs of the T/C sector for Quick Response to Health Emergencies
Dyeing Small Batches
- No Specific Initiatives
Circular Economy in the T/C Business
- Develop waste to Sub-products portfolio
- Re-use of Leftovers
- Create Patchwork collections
- Re-use of Second-hand machines
- Selection criteria and award procedure
The call will be launched by TEXFOR (Beneficiary) with diffusion and promotion by each partner locally, to select MSMEs/BROs participating.
Collected proposals will be forwarded to the Project’s Initiative Committee (composed of representatives of the Project Lead Beneficiary and of the Project Partners leading WP4 – WP5 -WP6 for evaluation and selection against defined criteria:
- consistency of the Applicant’s specialization with the Initiatives;
- commitment and contribution to the implementation of the activities;
- Opportunities/advantages for the Applicant;
- capacity to assure the actions’ sustainability.
Selected proposals will be invited to sign a sub-grant contract between the selected SMEs/BROS and the concerned WP Leader. All the selected applicants for the same Initiative will sign jointly a Memorandum of Understanding, as a preliminary step to a Euro-Mediterranean Alliances.
Call for applications open - apply until 07.12.2020. More info here: https://bit.ly/2GK7Ywq
Susanna Leonelli, Project Coordinator - TEXFOR