World Environment Day: join the webinar “Green entrepreneurs? Taking challenges as opportunities”
On the 4th of June from 12.00 to 13.00 (Brussels time), the ENI CBC Med Programme will take part in the webinar entitled “Green entrepreneurs? Taking challenges as opportunities”. The event is organized by European Commission’s DG for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR) and the EU Neighbours South project as part of the celebrations of the World Environment Day.
The webinar will focus on the new challenges facing green entrepreneurs in the post-coronavirus context and the opportunities offered by EU-funded projects. It will be led by Ahmed Yassin, social entrepreneur and Young Mediterranean Voice Ambassador in Egypt.
The Programme will be represenated by Nadine Kilani, project coordinator at BUSINESSMED (Union of Mediterranean Connferderation of Entrperprises) who will discuss the recently approved strategic project “INVESTMED” (InNoVativE Sustainable sTart-ups for the MEDiterranean). This €3.4 million initiative, gathering 9 partners from Egypt, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Spain and Tunisia, aims to support the development of new, sustainable entrepreneurship and business opportunities and jobs for young people and women via specific supporting measures (capacity building, financial support, access to finance and intellectual property rights).
The other webinar speakers will be as follows:
- Sylvie Fontaine - Manager of regional programs in the field of environment, water and agriculture in the southern neighbourhood (DG NEAR)
- Sallouha Bouzgarrou - SwitchMed expert in the field of environmental training and capacity building
- Hassen El Hemer - Founder and CEO of Biochar
- Krystel Khalil - Expert The Next Society, Director of Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Social Impact Programs
- Georges Bitar - Founder of the Love Life Recycle start-up
- Nadine Kilani - Project coordinator at Businessmed
- Oussama Kaassamani - ClimaMed Expert, specialist in sustainable development in the Mashrek region
The webinar will be held in Arabic.
Zoom link to participate