[MEDUSA - Open Tender] Trainer for Sustainable Tourism Destination Management - cancelled
Note: This tender offer was cancelled due the the outbreak of the COVID-19 crisis and a change in MEDUSA project's calendar of activities. It will be launched again at a later stage.
MEDUSA project is looking for a Consultant/Trainer to deliver a “Training of Trainers (ToT)” programme on sustainable tourism Destination Management.
Description of the assignment: Objective, purpose and expected results
The main objective of this assignment is to prepare and deliver a 'Training of trainers’ (TOT) programme on sustainable tourism destination management. Specifically, this consultancy will include the coordination, preparation and development of the training content and materials as well as the facilitation of the TOT workshop in Amman (Jordan).
The TOT is aiming to enhance capacities, knowledge and skills of future tourism destination management trainers to be able to transfer and tutor local target beneficiaries in project territories (Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Puglia, Catalonia).
The main topics of the training (non-exhaustive list) are:
- Good practices and inspiring experiences adopted by the administration and the private sector to adapt to current and future Tourism Trends
- Natural protected areas as areas of excellence for sustainable adventure and nature tourism
- Cooperation, a key factor in local tourism development strategies
- Optimizing Tourism Spent in the local economy
- Involving Communities in Tourism Development
- Sustainable Tourism Indicators (ETIS) and the SDGs
The results to be achieved by the Consultant are:
RESULT N°1: Detailed proposal of the TOT programme including methodology, pedagogic materials, practical cases and exercises, and technical content of the TOT workshop, including an exhaustive list of references, videos, and support materials for the TOT.
RESULT Nº2: Ready to publish in electronic TOT programme with visually appealing design and formatting following the communication and visibility indications of MEDUSA.
Start date and period of implementation of the tasks:
The intended start date is 13th of April 2020, and the period of implementation of the contract will be maximum of 2 months from this date. During this period of implementation of the tasks, the Consultant has to:
- Coordinate, prepare and/or develop the training content and pedagogic materials;
- Facilitate the training, whose expected duration is one day and half. The location is in Amman (Jordan) on the 2nd and 3rd June 2020.
- Review of training content and materials if necessary according to discussions with and inputs from the participants (based amongst others on the evaluation questionnaires collected), and transfer of training content and materials to the project partners and participants, including feedback on potential doubts and queries.
All applications need to be sent to the official email of WWF North Africa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 28th of March 2020 by 17h00 (GMT)
The training will take place in Amman, Jordan, 2nd and 3rd of June 2020. The preparation for the training will start once the contract is signed.