MEDUSA - Open Tender: Consultant for International Benchmarking Study
MEDUSA project is looking for a consultant to carry out a Study on Identification and Analysis of Sustainable Innovative Practices in Adventure Tourism (International Benchmarking Study).
Description of the assignment
The international benchmark is organised around 4 main themes (this list is non-exhaustive, and other relevant themes could be included):
- Effective sustainability planning
- Maximising social and economic benefits for the local community
- Enhancing cultural heritage and reducing negative impacts to the environment,
- Following recognised international standards for sustainability.
The Consultants’ service is expected to provide a comprehensive identification, analysis and comparison between sustainable innovative practices identified.
The approach followed is based firstly on the development/ description of the benchmarking methodology to be used in this study. The methodology developed should give a comprehensive and exhaustive analyse about the sustainable innovative practices across the world.
The consultant should give detailed information / data collected from different sources/ literature as well as other sources.
Based on the benchmarking outcomes, a list of recommendations/ conclusions should be provided.
In specific, the purpose is as follows:
- To elaborate a literature review on existing studies and analysis of sustainable innovative tourism products, services and practices in the sector, identifying key variables of sustainability and good practice in the industry and providing detailed information about the four main themes mentioned above (and other themes deemed relevant);
- To identify and analyse sustainable innovative tourism products, services and practices offered by tour operators, travel agencies and other tourism providers, including destinations, in the MED region and elsewhere, and especially within the adventure tourism segment, including detailed information about the management and operation of the services/ products, stakeholders involved, resources, as well as lessons learned, amongst other variables.
RESULT Nº1: Literature review and benchmarking model validated.
RESULT Nº2: Analysis and comparison (benchmark) of sustainable innovative practices in tourism (at least 40 practices, of which minimum 50% are specific for the adventure segment), taking into consideration the four themes mentioned.
RESULT N°3: A list of recommendations for the development of products and services based on international sustainable recognised standards in the industry.
Start date and period of implementation of the tasks:
The study will start by the 15th of May 2020, the full duration of this assignment is 2 months.
The full tender package is available at: https://jamaity.org/
For more information, please contact:
Essia Guezzi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sami Dhouib: email@example.com
All applications need to be sent to the official email of WWF North Africa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: 4th of May 2020 by 17h00 (GMT)