Discover the Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group, lead beneficiary of the MEDISS project
Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group (PWEG) is a technical non govermental Organization (NGO) founded in 2002 and registered in 2004 at the Palestinian Ministry of Interior (MoI). PWEG’s main fields of interest are water, wastewater, food security, renewable energy and institutional support, our slogan is Clean Environment.
PWEG has 3 offices; the headquarter office in Al Bireh, Ramallah and Al Bireh Governorate – Palestine and two branch offices in Jenin and Tubas Governorates – Palestine.
Mission and Aim:
We support local authorities in protection of the environment by assisting in planning, designing, fund raising and managing environmental projects, this includes also research and capacity building.
Palestinian Municipalities, local communities and village councils, environmental organizations, water and wastewater utilities, Palestinian Water Authority (PWA), Ministry of Environmental Affairs, Ministry of Local Government and others.
PWEG has been working for many years in different projects funded by European Union (EU) and other international organizations and institutions:
Here are some of our projects, for more informations and details, please visit our website on http://palweg.org/
- 2019-2022: Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply (MEDISS) Project– Funded by EU under the Sardinia Governorate Administrarion, PWEG is the leading party for 5 partners.
- 2018 – 2021: Technical Assistance to The Jo1132int Services Council of Water and Wastewater of Tubas, Al Yamoun and Maythaloun (NEXUS North Project) – Funded by EU and AFD.
- 2017-2019: Green Technologies in Cooperative Date Farming – Installation of Grey Water Treatment Plants and Modified Septic Tanks in Jordan Valley (Auja and Marj Al Ghazal) – Funded by USAID.
- 2016-2018: Jenin Industrial Free Zone (JIFZ) – Funded by TOBB-BIS and the German Development Bank (KfW).
- 2013-2014: Improving Access to Drinking Water to Vulnurable Populations in Area C of Yatta Municipality – South of Hebron – Funded by Italian Cooperation.
- 2013-2014: Protection of Vulnerable Populations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip through Advocacy and Improved Access to Water and Wastewater Services – Funded by EU.
- 2011-2014: Enhancement of Food Security in Taybeh and Ramoun through Rural Development and Agricultural Extension – Funded by EU. PWEG is the leading party for 2 partners.
- 2011-2014: Emergency Capacity Building Project to the Palestinian Water Authority: Technical, Planning and Advisory Team in the Water and Sanitation Sector (TPAT) – Funded by EU, SIDA and AFD.
- 2010-2013: Environmental Policies and Solid Waste Management in the Southern West Bank, Bethlehem Governorate.
- 2010-2012: WADI Cooperating for Urban Water Management - CIUDAD Program: Cooperation in Urban Development and Dialogue – Funded by EU.
- 2010-2012: Strengthen Financial Capacities of Bethlehem JSCSWM and Public Awareness and Community Participation Campaigns funded by Italian Cooperation