Social inclusion in the blue and circular economy: 'Acción contra el Hambre' is hiring under the HELIOS project
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Acción contra el Hambre is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Which are the objectives of the position?
To contribute in the positioning of ACF-E as a main organization in the field of international cooperation and SOCIAL ACTION in the Spanish territory.
To collaborate in the development of the strategy for the Social Action in Spain department focused in the employability’s Promotion and Support of those in risk of social exclusion.
In the grounds of the Helios European Project, to contribute in the development, management and diffusion of a methodology to improve the impact of the ACF projects between women and young people, within the field of the Blue and Circular economy.
OBJECTIVES AND SPECIFIC TASKS OF THE POSITION
Objective 1: To develop “HELIOS” project following the prevision and to achieve the objectives, tasks and results stablished.
• To coordinate the execution of “Enhancing the social inclusion of neets* «HELIOS»” project and its activities as planned and in direct coordination with the European Programs of social labour inclusion team at the headquarters.
• To provide methodological contributions for the HELIOS Project in relation to our experience with VivesEmplea, VivesEmprende, VivesAprende, and in a coordinated manner with the headquarters’ team.
• Investigation: carrying out interviews, leading focus group, analysis and conclusions of the activities most related with investigations or project studies. Information search, references and contact with other stakeholders.
• Constant and direct coordination with the person at the head of the HELIOS project in the headquarters, chiefs of Social Action in Acción contra el Hambre and people in charge of the participant entities of the HELIOS European Project.
Objective 2: To contribute to the necessary information to comply with the management, reporting and justification systems necessary for the development of the project in coordination with the area of European Program for Social and Labour Inclusion.
• Carry out the required administrative and follow-up actions: compilation of means of verification, filling in Gepeto, etc.
• Actively participate in the monitoring and continuous improvement of the project by collecting and applying good practices
• Contribute to the transfer of good practices both internally to social inclusion programs and externally in the search for opportunities for collaboration
• Assistance if required to coordination spaces, forums or representative spaces
• Project spokesperson if needed
Objective 3: To become involved in the internal and external coordination processes of the Delegation of Catalonia and Aragon and the Department of Social Action.
• Direct and continuous coordination with the Social Action Manager in the Delegation and with the Delegation
• Coordination with the European Social Inclusion Program team at headquarters, and collaboration with the technical manager of Social Inclusion of reference
• Collaborate in all processes of the Delegation and the DASE department
• Participation in specific actions and activities in the Delegation, based on specific needs, e.g. those related to gender mainstreaming, etc.
Which is the required profile?
• University studies in Social sciences, Psychology, Social Education, Work Sciences, Labor relations, Business Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Anthropology and similar
• Knowledge of European Projects and Finances
• Training in Gender equality
• Experience in European projects, partnership work, team management, experience in projects of social and labor insertion of people in risk of exclusion.
• Humanitarian sector knowledge
• ACF knowledge
• Good English level required, spoken and written
• Computer skills and specific systems: Social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Specific applications of office IT (Word, Excel), Skype
• Availability for one-time meetings in other countries with HELIOS Project partnerships (Italy, Greece, Tunisia, Jordan and Palestine)
• Previous experience with gender equality promotion or personal commitment to it is required
Contract ending in September 1st 2022
We offer the incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
• Temporary contract until September 1st 2022
• Based: Barcelona
• Salary: 26.000 euros gross/year
• Restaurant tickets
• Professional career adapted to you where the talent and the motivation will be recognised
• Continuous professional formation in technical abilities such as soft skills
• Access to retribution plans (health insurance, transport, childcare tickets)
• Conciliation between the personal and the professional life (time flexibility, intensive working day and the possibility of teleworking)
• 25 working days of paid leave per year
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service.
Please click HERE to accede to the service
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
The deadline for submitting applications is the first of March (Spain Local time). Only candidates with the profile deemed most interesting and meeting the indicated requirements will be invited by email from the HR team to begin the recruitment process with us.
Visit the HELIOS webpage on ENI CBC MED website, follow us on: Facebook and Twitter.
* Young people Neither in Employment nor in Education or Training