Job vacancy at the Governorate of Jericho and Al-Aghwar under MEDISS project
The Governorate of Jericho and Al-Aghwar, partner of “Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply (MEDISS)” project, is hiring a part time hydraulic engineer.
The deadline for receiving applications is 16th January 2020, 14:00pm (local Palestinian time). Work location is in Jericho. Interested experts must email their CV, experience and certifications at: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com
Job description and responsibilities
- Collect technical data needed and necessary for the engineering design of the wadi water pool, dam, pumps, mixer and water pipe lines.
- Define needed topography survey for the design of the above facilities and follow up proper surveying maps preparation.
- Implement the site inspection and definition of the most appropriate site for the dam building and planning of needed facilities.
- Prepare the design report.
- Implement final design of the above facilities supported with detail design and detailed sections where needed.
- Prepare the technical specifications and bill of quantities of the above designed facilities.
- Assist Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group (PWEG) Procurement Expert in preparation of the tender documents and tender award related to the implementation of the above facilities.
- Participate at the contractors site visit and pre bid meeting and respond to contractors’ technical questions.
- Respond to technical questions raised by the site engineer if any during the construction phase.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
- Master Degree in Water and Environmental Engineering is a must.
- 10 years of working experience.
- At least 7 years of working experience in water and environmental projects.
- Deep experience in hydraulic modelling and preparing of tender documents.
- Professional in using water modelling software like WaterCAD, EPANET... etc.
- Professional in using Microsoft office and AutoCAD.
- Excellent reporting skills (in English).
About MEDISS project
The “Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply” MEDISS project addresses the issue of improving the quality of saline groundwater present in the MED area opening up alternative irrigation for higher quality and more diversified cultivations.
According to the features and specific needs of the partner areas, MEDISS will test innovative solutions in the use of treated wastewater and desalination of brackish water, including:
- blending of treated wastewaters with fresh wadi water and brackish groundwater (Palestine);
- reverse osmosis (RO) desalination with innovative long lasting membrane and photovoltaic energy (Jordan);
- prototype ammonia stripping plant for fertilization (Italy);
- tertiary treatment with innovative filter bed (Tunisia).