Job opportunity at the University of Cagliari under MEDISS project
The University of Cagliari, partner of Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply (MEDISS) project through its research centre CRENoS-CIREM, is hiring a technologist on a fixed-term contract basis.
The deadline for receiving applications is 16th March 2020. Work location is Cagliari.
Interested experts must email their CV, experience and certifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description and responsibilities
The Technologist will be responsible for the coordination and management of project activities in charge of CRENoS/CIREM, and for the research activities, ensuring technical support to the socio-economic analysis of the areas identified by the project.
He/She also participates in the activities of a technical committee of experts on socio-economic analysis within the project and he/she assists local partners in defining the most suitable data sets for analyzing the specific characteristics of the project areas.
The Technologist will support the scientific and administrative secretariat activities related to the project also through the logistic organization of conferences and events; organization of business trips during scheduled meetings; support to the communication manager; support to the coordinator in the project deliverables elaboration, deadlines monitoring.
- Bachelor Degree in Political Sciences, Law, Economics or equivalent degrees.
- Master Degree in International Relations or Ph.D in Territorial Policy and Governance.
- At least 1 years of working experience in managing international research projects, scientific cooperation, territorial and environmental policies.
- At least 6 months of international working experience in the above-mentioned activities.
- Knowledge of English/French.
About MEDISS project
The Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply (MEDISS) project addresses the issue of improving the quality of saline groundwater present in the MED area opening up alternative irrigation for higher quality and more diversified cultivations. According to the features and specific needs of the partner areas, MEDISS will test innovative solutions in the use of treated wastewater and desalination of brackish water, including:
- blending of treated wastewaters with fresh wadi water and brackish groundwater (Palestine);
- reverse osmosis (RO) desalination with innovative long lasting membrane and photovoltaic energy (Jordan);
- prototype ammonia stripping plant for fertilization (Italy);
- tertiary treatment with innovative filter bed (Tunisia).