MED4EBM project: Tyre Coast Nature Reserve, Lebanon is looking for an Administrative & Field Officer
Tyre Coast Nature Reserve, partner at MED4EBM, an EU-funded project under the ENI CBC MED program, is looking for an Administrative & Field Officer.
Mediterranean Forum For Applied Ecosystem-Based Management (MED4EBM) is an EU-funded project under the ENI CBC MED program, with thematic objectives: Environmental protection, climate change adaptation and mitigation (Address common challenges in environment), and thematic priority: to ’Incorporate the Ecosystem-Based management approach to ICZM into local development planning’. MED4EBM is implemented in Jordan, Italy, Tunisia and Lebanon, with TCNR being the Lebanese partner. As highlighted in the ENI CBC MED 2014-20 Program strategy, incorporating effective Ecosystem Based Management (EBM) protocols for Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) is key toward the sustainable use of coastal and marine resources in the Mediterranean. The Project will provide relevant institutions and stakeholders with a set of innovative tools to overcome the main factors limiting the widespread incorporation of EBM into ICZM. These tools include an operational protocol and a software package to make ecosystem-based ICZM much easier to apply for the professional team, the stakeholders and the decision-makers involved.
The use of the said tools will enhance the capacities of the relevant stakeholders and institutional actors to establish local/national and regional/cross-border cooperation and coordination platforms for the effective implementation of ecosystem-based ICZM. Governments and other ICZM stakeholders can use this platform to take informed decisions on planning and managing coastal-marine resources to achieve ICZM on the ground. This will help wide-spreading EBM in the Mediterranean consistently with the Barcelona Convention and its ICZM Protocol.
This approach will contribute to the preservation and sustainable development of Mediterranean coastal zones for the benefit of present and future generations by establishing effective ecosystem-based ICZM protocols.
The Project aims at enhancing capacities of various stakeholders and institutional actors involved in the management of coastal and marine areas, with a specific focus on the Ecosystem-Based Management practices in the Mediterranean. - It also aims at establishing a cooperation and coordination platform for administrators of institutions and stakeholders involved in the management of coastal and marine areas to effectively implement ecosystem-based EBM-ICZM. It intends to apply and pilot-testing a straight-forward methodological protocol and a standard management tool to facilitate coordination and harmonization of conservation and sustainable development practices and facilitate dialogue between practitioners of EBM in the Mediterranean.
Main responsibilities of the Administrative & Field Officer:
- To provide support to the project manager on administrative tasks
- To assist in the implementation of the project activities according to the Work Packages
- To meet all the deadlines set and to assist the project manager with the administrative tasks related to the project;
- To be responsible of all TCNR activities and outputs foreseen in the “Administrative” support;
- Optional willingness to travel (both national and international) and execute field errands;
- To coordinate the project activities with TCNR team and stakeholders;
- To assist the project manager in the organization and preparation of materials and logistics needed for the implementation of trainings, workshops, awareness raising events, campaigns and others under the scope of the project Work Packages;
- To assist the communication officer with the social media news update and management, and the animation of the TCNR website with news about the project activities;
- To assist the PM in the preparation of biannual progress and narrative reports;
- To assist the PM in developing the project action work plan and programing the timely workflow accordingly;
- To coordinate the proper compilation of the project staff’s timesheets.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience for a minimum of 2 years;
- Administrative assistance skills;
- Organizational skills (public events, workshops, forums);
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in administrative and clerical work;
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written;
- At least 2 years of administrative or field experience;
- Good planning and report/minutes/memo writing skills is required;
- Able to carry out his/her work in an organized manner;
- Able to work independently and in a team;
- Familiar with MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Outlook is a must;
- Knowledge on organization structure and management functions of the inspectorate system is an asset;
- Self-dependent, team-work spirit. initiative taker, dynamic and reliable.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Please send your resume with 2 references to: email@example.com specifying MED4EBM – Administrative & Field Officer in the email subject.
Application deadline is December 3rd, 2020, or 10 days from the vacancy announcement date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.