Projet MED4EBM project: la Réserve Naturelle de Tyr au Liban recherche un auditeur externe
Contenu disponible uniquement en anglais.
The Tyre Coast Nature Reserve (TCNR) based in Lebanon, partner 5 in the MED4EBM "Mediterranean Forum For Applied Ecosystem-Based Management" project is looking for an external auditor.
The main responsibilities of the auditor will be the following:
- Perform audit of the project accounts.
- Produce timely reports on the projects account.
- Working with TCNR and government agencies to ensure to research and solve problems and develop policies and procedures that comply with current legislation.
- Analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing new control systems that optimize operations or utilize new technologies.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
- Researching discrepancies, operational problems, or other issue.
- Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to TCNR assets and liabilities.
- Bringing TCNR strengths and weaknesses to the attention of management and providing advice as they develop responses or fixes for these issues.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management or other interested parties.
- Maintaining awareness of current industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the project is operating efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with all current regulations.
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or a related field. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential or Master degree is an advantage.
- Registered auditor/firm at the Lebanese Association of Certified Public accountants (LACPA) which in turn is member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), according to the requirements set by the ENI Implementing Rules (art. 32) and in compliance with the national requirements.
- Strong understanding of accounting, banking laws, regulations, and internal controls.
- Sound understanding of audit theories, principles, and practices.
- Familiarity with general accounting practices and techniques.
- Reporting audit findings and recommending improvements
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping or financial software and MS Office.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- 3-6 years of experience in financial accounting, auditing, or a combination thereof, preferably in public accounting.
- Proven experience as an External Auditor.
- Previous experience in auditing of international projects funded by public funds, especially EU funds.
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills.
- Keen attention to details, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Comfortability working in a collaborative environment.
The application shall include the following:
- Resume (for persons, or auditing companies) with a complete list of previous project auditing experience.
- A declaration filled/signed/stamped by the auditor using this template (Model 2 attached) along with all required annexes;
- The full procurement procedure, including a quotation and an evaluation report (if any).
- Documents to be submitted with the Quotation (RFQ attached).
The deadline for submission of quotation is Monday, 21 September 2020.
Any quotation received after the mentioned date and time will be rejected.
Submittals (hard copies) must be delivered to PP5 office in a closed envelope at the following address: Nabih Berri St., TCNR office, next to Rest House, face to the Public Garden, Tyre, Lebanon.
PP5 may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for the submission of proposal and quotation, in which case all rights and obligations of PP5 and the applicants subject to the previous deadline shall thereafter be subject to the deadline as extended.
For all questions, comments, suggestions and clarifications regarding this proposal, and for submission of the submission file, please communicate with PP5 ONLY by email on TCNR-Med4EBM project manager’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the MED4EBM project
MED4EBM aims at providing relevant institutions and stakeholders with a set of innovative tools to overcome the main factors limiting the widespread incorporation of EBM into ICZM. These tools include an operational protocol and a software package to make ecosystem-based ICZM much easier to apply for the professional team, the stakeholders and the decision-makers involved. The said protocol is capable of handling the ICZM multi-stakeholders analytical processes through a straight-forward path, providing analytical methods and tools easy-to-apply as based on deterministic rather than statistical ecological and socio-economic assessments. Governments and other ICZM stakeholders can use this platform to take informed decisions on planning and managing coastal-marine resources to achieve ICZM on the ground. In turn, this will help wide-spreading EBM in the Mediterranean consistently with the Barcelona Convention and its ICZM Protocol. MED4EBM is implemented in partnership between 6 organizations, 2 from Jordan (UNDP-Jordan/Lead Beneficiary, and JREDS), 2 from Italy (PROGES and Associazione Amici della Terra), 1 from Tunisia (INSTM) and TCNR from Lebanon.